Spicy peanuts are very popular. Many people love to buy store roasted peanuts but they are pricier overall and mostly fried. Baked peanuts is an easy recipe to make if you want to avoid fried version. You can always make them in an air fryer oven. I always find my air fryer more convenient than a traditional oven to make snacks. Once you start making them air fried roasted peanuts will definitely be in your pantry forever.
I love peanuts the most, just like my dad. My munchkin loves his homemade peanut butter ice cream. Peanut praline or groundnut chikki as we call it in India is perfect for those with a sweet tooth like me.I always keep a box of homemade bliss balls in my bag. They are wonderful to snack on when I am on the way back from playtime. Learn to make your batch of air fryer peanuts here. Add a new spice each time and enjoy that crunch with a punch!
Some of the other snack recipes that can be prepared in the airfryer include air fryer cutlet , air fried modak recipe , air fryer khari biscuits , air fryer kothimbir vadi,air fryer pakoras, roasted mung beans,air fryer pani puri,air fryer pizza toastie, air fryer sev - Air fryer namkeen & ragi biscuits recipe.
Benefits of peanuts
- High in protein and fiber.
- Good source of phosphorus which helps maintain body tissues.
- They are anti-aging.
- Air fryer or fan forced oven
- peanuts or groundnuts without skin
- salt as per taste
- paprika / red cayenne pepper
- seasoning of your choice
How to make roasted peanuts in an air fryer?
- Preheat the air fryer at 180 deg C | 375 deg F for 5 mins. Take raw peanuts in a bowl.
2. Add a tbsp. oil to peanuts and mix well.
3. Place them in a preheated air fryer basket without overlap.
4. Air fry them at 180 C |375 F for 5 mins.
5. Now, add the salt and paprika(and any other seasoning) to the peanuts and mix well.
6. Air fry again for 2-3 mins at 180 C| 375 F.
Store in a clean dry air-tight container once cool.
How to make baked peanuts in an oven?
- Follow the same steps at above,just cook them in a baking tray for 20-22 minutes at 180C. Oil spray for 2-3 times in between.
My mum always made this roasted peanuts for my grandpa. He was a diabetic. Always watched what he ate. She would roast them in a skillet and add bit of salt for him and keep a jar ready. Now, I understand the importance of homecooked food as a mum myself.
You can also make a paste of ¼th cup chickpea flour, ⅛th cup rice flour /oats flour/ wheat flour each as a variation. Adjust spices according to your taste. You may add garam masala if you like. If you like you can refer to this masala peanuts in air fryer recipe here.
Store at room temperature in an air tight container.
air fryer roasted peanuts | air fried roasted peanuts recipe
- Air fryer/oven for baking
- 1 cup peanuts groundnuts with skin
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika or any other seasoning mix of your choice
- Salt as per taste
- Preheat the air fryer at 180 deg C | 375 deg F for 5 mins.
- In a bowl, add a tbsp. oil to peanuts and mix well. Air fry them at 180 C |375 F for 5 mins.
- Now, add the spices to the peanuts and mix well. Air fry again for 2-3 mins at 180 C| 375 F.
- Store in a clean dry air-tight container once cool.
Yes, here is a list of Indian recipes you can easily make in air fryer.
Hi i used natural cashews in my cupboard no peanuts.I used olive oil praprika and masala think next time add a bit of cayenne for a kick.Really yummy cant stop munching thankyou so much for healthier nuts to snack on.Plus im not a salt lover so only added tiny bit but still tasty
bhavana bhatia says
Thanks for your inputs. These nuts are such a lifesaver whenever I am looking for a healthy snack.