Air fryer stuffed mushrooms is a great way of adding these tiny pockets of good health to your diet. You may be vegan, gluten-free, vegetarian or non-vegetarian, you can still enjoy them with a tiny tweak.They make a good option for easy meals on Meatless Monday?If you are looking for an easy cheesy starter for a party, stuffed mushrooms in air fryer are perfect for you. It needs minimal prep and has less cooking time. You need only handful of ingredients and yet it tastes absolutely delicious. Learn to make this easy air fryer mushroom recipe here.Air fryer appetizers are perfect for a game day or a movie night!
I try to incorporate them in my diet as much as possible as they are tasty and come in abundance. Mushroom lovers rejoice they not only make a low calorie delicious air fryer recipe, but are a great source of Vitamin D too. Whether its a mushroom black bean burger you fancy or just a Portobello mushroom burger. Air fried button mushrooms as a side dish or a vegan mushroom kofta for main course, it just tastes fabulous.
Holiday season is coming up and so is the quest for party food. Mushrooms are a great choice as they stay for long and cook fast. Whether you want to pair them with air fried roasted veggies or have it as a pizza topping. They just taste awesome! Just with some air fried asparagus and yellow squash if you do not want too much chopping. Air fryer tomatoes also go well with them. I buy a huge box of mushrooms from Costco or local market, it is an easy recipe which needs less work.You will just fall in love with this low-carb appetizer!
- Grated cheese
- chopped peppers (green,red)
- Oil spray / olive oil
- Salt and black pepper as per taste
- oregano / rosemary/ herbs as per your choice
See recipe card for quantities.
- Combine cheese with into a large bowl with herbs, red peppers, salt and pepper.
2. Remove the stalk from mushrooms after washing them thoroughly.
3. Preheat the air fryer at 180 degrees C| 355 degrees F for 5 minutes. Place them in an air fryer basket. Spray/brush oil on the mushrooms, Air fry them for 4-5 minutes
4. Add the cheese topping on the mushrooms.
5. Air fry loaded mushrooms for 5 minutes after adding grated cheese.
Hint: Always remove the leftover air fried skins from the basket before usage to avoid burning it.
You can use any cheese you like for the stuffing. Be it blue cheese, parmesan cheese, cream cheese or shredded goat cheese slices as per your preference.If you are a vegan you may opt for vegan cheese like bio cheese instead of dairy based ones.
You may add garlic powder, Italian seasoning or oregano as per your choice. Omit peppers if you like. Red pepper flakes or chilli flakes can be added to make them spicy.
You can choose bigger field flat mushrooms, in that case, just cook them one by one depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Ninja air fryer
- pastry brush
- large mixing bowl
- grater optional
Mushrooms stay good for 4-5 days. Grated cheese generally lasts a week in an air-tight container. Always follow packet instructions to see the freshness.
Always preheat your air fryer, even if it is for 2-3 minutes.
Bake them upside down to remove the mushrooms
There are many health benefits of eating mushrooms. Regular intake decreases cancer risk. They Lower sodium intake and promote lower cholesterol It also protects brain health and healthy gut. Good source of vitamin D & helps support a healthy immune system.
Apart from portobello, oyster, shiitake, enoki, cup mushrooms, flat mushrooms and button mushrooms are different types of mushrooms.
Related air fryer recipes
air fryer portobello mushrooms | air fryer stuffed mushroom recipe
- pastry brush
- Food processor grater/ chopper for cheese and tomatoes
- 250 gm white mushrooms or 2 big flat field / bbg mushrooms
- ½ cup grated cheese cheddar or mozerella
- oil spray or 1 tablespoon oil for brushing the mushrooms.
- 1 tablespoon herbs Oregano or rosemary or any herb of your choice
- ½ red pepper chopped , or a mix of red/green pepper
- salt and pepper as per taste
- Combine cheese with into a bowl with herbs,red peppers,salt and pepper.
- Remove the stalk from mushrooms after washing them thoroughly.(optional)
- Preheat the air fryer at 180C| 355 F for 5 minutes. Spray/brush oil on the mushrooms, Air fry them for 4-5 minutes
- Add the cheese topping on the mushrooms.
- Air fry loaded mushrooms for 5 minutes after adding grated cheese. Serve hot.
- Always wash and clean your mushrooms prior to usage.
- Ensure the correct non-poisonous variety whenever buying outside.
- Grated cheese must be used within 1 week. Follow the packet instructions before usage.