Many of us describe this dish "Chilli paneer" as one word..Yumm!!!
What is chilli paneer?
This starter is one of the easiest appetizers, you can make at home. This is a particular crowd favorite.Both vegetarians and meat lovers love it. You will definitely love making them especially when it is free from MSG.Cottage cheese fried or baked to perfection and served with soy and sesame spicy sauce mix.You can make chilli paneer recipes dry or in sauce.
Homemade paneer gets a stylish makeover.It wins the heart of all hungry patrons.We talk about this dish, maximum while leaving an office party.Give your dinners/luncheons a stylish twist.You ensure guests leave with a smile and a beautiful memory.Enjoy this dish as home just like we do.It is perfect companion of noodles and fried rice while rains lash down.
Life is beautiful and blissful because your tummy is full.Always be thankful for a roof on your head and food.
What is Indo-Chinese cuisine?
- Indo-Chinese is a fusion cuisine which has best of both Indian spices and Chinese food due to this it suits Indian palate.
- You may make it as spicy as you like.
- May also remove MSG or ajinomoto.
- It is immensely popular across shacks and hotels across India.
- You will always find college kids and bachelors raving for it.
- This cuisine is an amalgamation of vegetarian/ non-vegetarian dishes.
- Adapted from Asian cuisine.
- Other dishes include fried rice,noodles,meatballs,baby corn,manchurian,wontons,momo and dumplings.
Steps to bake the Paneer Cubes and add to vegetables
1.Toss the paneer cubes in conrflour/arrowroot with some salt and red chilli powder
2.Arrange them on a grill rack and cook in the oven
3.Cook the veggies in a pan
4.Add sauces,paneer cubes
How to make chilli paneer restaurant style?
Read the chilli paneer recipe below:
- 400 gms fresh paneer cubes
- 2-3 tbsp. corn flour/tapioca starch/arrowroot
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. red chilly powder
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet & sour sauce replace with ½ tbsp vinegar and 1 tsp sugar
- Onion 2 cup,sliced
- Green capsicum 1 cup,sliced
- Red capsicum 1 cup,sliced
- Celery 1 cup,sliced
- Green onion 1 cup,sliced
- 1 tbsp. sliced ginger
- 1 tbsp. sliced garlic
- 1 tbsp. green chilly chopped
- Salt as per taste
- Keep paneer cubes in hot water for 15 minutes,then drain the water.
- Dust paneer cubes in cornflour powder evenly.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute' paneer cubes for 3-4 minutes.(or line them on a grill tray(refer steps pic and spray them with oil, bake at 160 degree C ,fan forced for 20-25 minutes)
- Keep it aside.
- In the pan,heat the oil and add sliced ginger, garlic and onions.Mix well.
- Add green and red capsicums along with salt and saute' till they soften.
- Add soy sauce,tomato sauce,vinegar,red chilly powder and sugar to this vegetable mix followed by green onions.
- Mix well with a spatula and let it cook on low flame.
- Add the paneer cubes to this mix and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot with chilly/tomato sauce.