I love Chinese food and spicy Indo-chinese fusion.My weekend special is a big bowl of Hakka noodles with some Manchurian.You may also add a stir-fry or fried rice and gulp it down with a huge glass of lemon soda.Also add some sriracha on the top if you like it hot and spicy.Just simple flavors and some basic sauce makes it a great vegan treat.You may call it veg chowmein or just noodles but it is a blissful bowl of comfort.
Indo-Chinese noodle corners
Best part about this is the visual appeal.
Tossing noodles on a hot wok brings up the taste in anticipation.Reminds me of all those noodle corners back home in India.They make it day in and out.You can find them in any city.Most of the youth thronging to this Noodle wallas for a quick bite.
I remember a van of chefs making it near Hotel Daspalla in Vizag.There was not even a signboard.Yet the food was fresh tasty with a small menu of soup,fried rice and noodles.Can you imagine a nameless restaurant? Taste spoke volumes for them.
Reminds me of childhood when we roamed on cycles all day in township and enjoyed these small treats.
However, Asian restaurants use egg noodles & MSG or Ajinomoto. That doesn't agree with my diet palette.Hence making it at home makes it a win-win situation.
Scroll below to read Hakka noodles recipe
Veg Hakka Noodles
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 bundles/ 120 grams plain noodles
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp red chilly chopped
- 1/2 cup each veggies onions, grated carrot,sliced capsicums
- 1.5 cup thinly sliced cabbage
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp red /green chilli sauce optional
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce optional
- 2 tbsp hot and sour sauce optional
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- Boil water and add noodles and salt to it. Cook for 3-5 mins.
- Drain the water and toss it with 1 tbsp oil. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in wok and add ginger garlic to it.
- Add onion,chillies and let it cook on medium-high heat for 5 mins.
- Add remaining veggies to it and cook for 5-7 mins.Mix well.
- Add noodles and sauces to it. Toss them and cook for 5 mins.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Check and cook the noodles according to the instructions on the pack so that you do not overcook them.
Click here to see more appetizer recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos from our Youtube channel "Secondrecipe".