Soya nuggets or soy chunks is a great source of protein. It can help you make heaps of vegan food. There are many soya recipes you can relish. whether it's a soya nuggets curry or pulao, soy curl taco or soya chili. Air fryer soya manchurian is a perfect match to your vegetable fried rice or hakka noodles if you do not have time to make veg manchurian balls. Indo Chinese food and Asian food has captured the taste buds of entire world population.
The easy and delicious recipe preparation is very similar to air fried tofu ,tofu manchurian. Other such easy recipes are babycorn manchurian and Chilli paneer or gobi manchurian.I like to serve soya chunks Manchurian with even tom yum fried rice and broccoli fried rice.
Crispy soya chunks can be air fried or deep fried as per taste. Add them to manchurian sauce to get a spicy side dish soya chili.Manchurian tastes great whether you serve it in a gravy or as a dry starter. Hence, most people love it.
- What are soya chunks ?
- Benefits of Soy chunks
- Air fried soy manchurian ingredients
- soy manchurian stir fry ingredients
- Instructions for air fried soy manchurian
- Instructions for Soy chunks manchurian
- Top tips
- Related links
- easy air fryer soy chunks recipe | air fryer soya manchurian recipe
- Food safety
What are soya chunks ?
Soya chunks or soya nuggets meal maker are made from defatted soy flour. It is a by-product of extracting soybean oil and have a lot of health benefits.
Benefits of Soy chunks
Speaking of nutrients, are soy chunks healthy?
Absolutely! Soy chunks are packed with plant-based protein. They are full of fiber and important minerals like iron, calcium, and zinc. A healthy choice, they're low in fat and calories. They are high protein. 100gm of uncooked soya chunks have around 52 gm protein.
- large bowl
- air fryer
- wok / large skillet
Air fried soy manchurian ingredients
- dried soy chunks - I have used vegan soy chunks
- Corn flour
- Marinade (we will use half of the marinade for air frying and rest for stir fry
- soy sauce (dark and light)
- chilli paste or any asian cooking paste like red curry paste
soy manchurian stir fry ingredients
- Finely chopped garlic, broccoli, onions, bell pepper, green onion etc
- Leftover marinade or any stir fry sauce.
refer to recipe card for details.
Instructions for air fried soy manchurian
- Heat water in a pot. Soak soya chunks in boiling hot water (turn off the heat) for 10-15 minutes or as per packet instructions.
- Drain the excess water and squeeze the chunks.
- Mix the sauces for marination in a bowl
- Mix soy sauce ,oil and toss soy chunks .Keep it aside for 10 mins.
- Add cornflour on the marinated soya chunks
- Preheat your air fryer for 5 mins at 180 deg C. | 355 F. Layer the pieces on a parchment paper on the air fryer basket without overlapping each other.
- Important tip: It is important to treat your air fryer like an oven. Always preheat it for best results.
- Air fry the soy chunks for 12-13 mins at 180 C| 355 deg F.
- Once cooked, keep them aside.
- You can enjoy these as is or make a stir fry below.
Instructions for Soy chunks manchurian
- In a wok, heat oil and fry chopped garlic and add onions & salt. Cook on medium/high heat for few minutes until they are translucent and add peppers to it.
- Add the cooked soy chunks.
- Add the marinade mix,allow to cook for few minutes, turn off the heat.
- Enjoy this as a stir fry or with your tacos.
You can use any marinade of your choice and any sauce as a stir fry sauce.You can choose to use a homemade barbecue sauce or bbq soy based sauce. Shallow fry them instead of air frying to get the crispy texture if you do not own an air fryer yet.
Add a spoonful of green chilli sauce and red chilli sauce to make it spicier. You can also add some green chillies to the stir fry too.
Store it in refrigerator for 1-2 days. Always reheat your left overs.
- Don't Overcook the Soy chunks: Soy chunks cook fast, so watch out. Overcooking can make them tough and chewy.
- Mix it up with sides: Soy chunks are so adaptable, you can make all kinds of sides to go with them. Have them with rice, quinoa, roasted veg, or a salad is a good idea.
easy air fryer soy chunks recipe | air fryer soya manchurian recipe
- Mixing bowl
For air fry soy chunks
- 100 gms soy chunks
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
Marinade (use half of below sauce mix for air fried soy chunks , rest for stir fry)
For soy chunks stir fry
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. ginger-garlic chopped
- 1 medium onion diced
- ½ red pepper diced
- ½ green pepper diced
- 2-3 stalks green onions chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt as per taste adjust as per the salt in the soy sauce.
For Air fried soya manchurian
- Heat water in a pot, soak the soy chunks in boiling hot water (turn off the heat) for 10-15 minutes or as per packet instructions.
- Drain the excess water and squeeze the chunks.Mix the sauces & oil for marination in a bowl
- Mix soy chunks in the sauce mix .Keep it aside for 10 mins. Add cornflour on the marinated soy chunks
- Preheat your air fryer for 5 mins at 180 deg C. | 355 F. Layer the pieces on a parchment paper on the air fryer basket without overlapping each other. Air fry the soy chunks for 12-13 mins at 180 C| 355 deg F.
- Once cooked, keep them aside. You can enjoy these as is or make a stir fry below.
For vegan soya manchurian stir fry
- In a wok, heat oil and fry chopped garlic,add onions ,Cook on medium/high heat for few minutes,add peppers
- Add the cooked soy chunks. Add the marinade mix,allow to cook for few minutes, turn off the heat. Garnish with chopped spring onion optionally.
- Serve as a stir fry or with tortilla/taco
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have a good ventilation when cooking on a stove.