Spinach soup or palak soup makes up for an easy meal. Full of nutrients and energy. This spinach clear soup Indian style is both vegan and gluten-free. Easy meals are great for both kids and adults. These days we are already tired working and sitting online. This year has changed all routines. Eating a light meal will ensure our waistlines stay the same. Now that we cannot go out for a walk so frequently, eating healthy will save us.
Usually, people have a palak shorba or cream of spinach when they go out. This is an easy one to make at home too. Also, perfect when you are lazy to cook. You can pair it with some chilli cheese toast or just some paratha.
Soups are great for weight-loss. They are great for your gut and cleanse the body. Takes care of your weight as well as improves the skin. Hydrates the body and thus helps your hair shine.
Palak/saag or greens are good for gut. You can have it as a salad or even as a spinach blueberry smoothie. Baby spinach can be blanched and kept in the refrigerator. Then, use it to make a curries. All traditional curries like palak paneer, undhiyu, sata bhajiyun, sarson ka saag are great for Iron.
How to make spinach soup?
- Cook onion & ginger in oil.
- Add tomatoes.
3. Cook until tomatoes are soft.
4. Add spinach, water and rest of the ingredients. Cover and cook.
What does eating spinach do for you?
- It is rich in iron .Hence, reduces anemia.
- It helps you avoid constipation as it is full of soluble fiber.
- Great for Vitamin K, magnesium and helps improve bone health.
- It improves eye health and promotes heart health.
- Helps ward off infection and inflammation.
What is the best time to eat spinach?
Dinner time as it helps you sleep.
Read the spinach clear soup recipe below:
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 tsp garlic chopped
- 1 tsp ginger chopped
- 2 tomato large chopped
- 4 cups spinach leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock powder
- Water 1.5 ltr
- Salt as per taste
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Add onions ,ginger,garlic and saute' until onions turn pink.
- Now, add tomatoes and let it cook until it soften.
- Add spinach,salt and mix well.
- Add water,vegetable stock powder and cover & cook until it starts boiling.
- Simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Click here to see more recipe videos.
Also, click here to see more soup recipes.