Vegan Spinach soup or palak soup is an easy recipe to up your Iron content in the long run. It is full of nutrients and helps us gain energy. This Indian style dish is both vegan and gluten-free. Easy meals are great for both kids and adults. These days we are already tired working and sitting online. This year has changed all routines. Eating a light meal will ensure our waistlines stay the same. Now that we cannot go out for a walk so frequently, eating healthy will save us.
Usually, people have a palak shorba or cream of spinach when they go out. This is an easy clear spinach soup. Also, perfect when you are lazy to cook. You can pair it with some chilli cheese toast or just some paratha.
Benefits of soups
Soups are great for weight-loss. They are great for your gut and cleanse the body. Takes care of your weight as well as improves the skin. Hydrates the body and thus helps your hair shine.
How to add more greens to your diet?
Palak/saag or greens are good for gut. You can have it as a salad or even as a blueberry smoothie. Baby spinach can be blanched and kept in the refrigerator. Then, use it to make a curries. Palak curry comes with or without lentils too. Palak paneer, sarson ka saag,undhiyu, sata bhajiyun, sai bhaji or dal palak are all great for Iron.
is saag soup good for health?
- It is rich in iron .Hence, reduces anemia.
- It helps you avoid constipation as it is full of soluble fiber.
- Great for Vitamin K, magnesium and helps improve bone health.
- It improves eye health and promotes heart health.
- Helps ward off infection and inflammation.
Saucepan / Pressure cooker
- large tomato
- spinach leaves
- olive oil
- vegetable stock powder
- salt as per taste
How to make healthy spinach soup recipe?
- Cook onion & ginger in oil.
2. Add tomatoes.
3. Cook until tomatoes are soft.
4. Add greens, water and rest of the ingredients. Cover and cook.
Spinach soup | palak soup recipe
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger chopped
- 2 tomato large chopped
- 4 cups spinach leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder
- Water 1.5 ltr
- Salt as per taste
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Add onions ,ginger,garlic and saute' until onions turn pink.
- Now, add tomatoes and let it cook until it soften.
- Add greens, salt and mix well.
- Add water,vegetable stock powder and cover & cook until it starts boiling.
- Simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
You can replace half the leaves with thotakura or amaranth. You may also use methi or fenugreek instead of half of leaves. We can also make this soup with Malabar Spinach or poi saag. Although taste will vary slightly.
Store it in refrigerator for 2 days. Always reheat your left overs and add a dash of lemon before you serve.
Dinner time as it helps you sleep.
Use the above steps and pressure cook until 3 whistles. Serve hot.