Manchow soup is one of the most ordered varieties of soups. You can find a a fan-following of both vegetarian and non-vegetarian style. Veg manchow soup is a great soup full of flavor. This is Indo Chinese soup at its best.
Although it is named after Manchuria region, it has nothing to do with the actual cuisine of that place. However, it has something for everyone. Fried noodles, sweet, sour, spice. Very much like life. Full of flavor yet things never remain the same in your bowl. You will always see your world change as the time goes by. Sometimes according to your taste, otherwise you are just watching time goes by.
What is Veg Manchow soup made of?
Finely chopped greens and veggies boiled in stock and water along with soy and sweet chilly sauce makes it very likable. It is served with fried noodles making it a great meal. It is perfect when you catch a cold or are depressed.
Soups are great for a light dinner with some bread. Most people get stuck at tomato, but soups need not be boring. This Indo Chinese vegetarian soup recipe will win your heart too. Yes, some years back I wouldn't agree too. But now I do. You can have it daily and still not get bored. Yes, you too can find one more reason to have it the next day. I love having them on a cold wintry night and when it rains.
Some days eating healthy is better than having something fried. Having soup few nights of the month makes you have your pakodas/fritters with lesser guilt. If you are looking for a weight loss or just wanna have some change from daily cooking.
Have a soup and eat light!
What is the difference between Manchow soup and veg hot and sour soup?
If you are wondering how they are different? There is a very little difference between the two. Hot and sour soup has tomato ketchup added to it. We serve it without the fried Hakka noodles.
Manchow lacks the sauce but makes up with the crunch.
Which soup is best for cold?
I love having both these soups to avoid catching a cold. The amount of spices and chilli does help you avoid the cold when it is cold and rainy outside. They are tangy and full of flavor changing your taste in the mouth when you have your infection.
Ingredients for the veg manchow soup recipe
Step by Step pics of Veg Manchow soup
1.Saute the vegetables(onion, carrot and cabbage)
2.Saute the capsicum for few minutes.
3. Add 1 ltr. water and stock powder,allow it to boil.
4.Add all sauces except the soy sauce
5. Add the rice flour mixed with water, continue to cook and stir.
6. Add Soy sauce, boil and turn off heat.
Read the recipe of Veg manchow soup below:
Veg manchow soup
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic-ginger-chilli paste
- ¼ cup beans chopped
- ¼ cup capsicum chopped
- ½ cup cabbage chopped
- ¼ cup soya sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp soup stock
- 1 tsp hot chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 ltr water
- 2 tbsp rice flour/corn flour with ¼ cup water
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- Heat oil in a pan,add onion,ginger,garlic and chillies
- Add carrot & cabbage,saute for a few minutes
- Add capsicum,saute for a few minutes
- Add 1 ltr. water and stock powder,allow it to boil.
- Now, Add all sauces except the soy sauce
- Add the rice flour mixed with water,continue to cook
- Add Soy sauce,boil and turn off heat.
- Serve hot,garnished with green onions and fried noodles
Click here to see more soup recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.