No mention of Mumbai is complete without its street food and stock exchange.Mumbai is a city of dreams.They say time is money here and rightly so.In this fast pace,people love having quick bites.They travel long distances to work and need a quick refill.You will find amazing places to eat be it cheap street food or high end bitros.Street food especially at Khau galli is quite difficult to resist.Pav Bhaji,Vada pav,Misal pav, Ussal pav, the list is endless.Afterall, food brings us together for hunger has no color or race.
This dish is a yummy and plentiful.Basically, we serve a vegetable mash with buns.Use your leftover veggies in the gravy. When we were kids it was a must during birthday parties.
You can also add any veggies which kids may hate to eat as it is.Be it brinjals,gourds,cauliflowers.You can make it vegan or as well as Jain version (no onion no garlic).Some people love to garnish it with extra butter or heaps of cheese.You may buy the buns from a local bakery or make it at home.You can also make pav bhaji no potato,I add bottle gourd instead.
Step-by-step recipe in pictures
Scroll below to read the Pav bhaji recipe
- 1 carrot cubed
- 1 cup pumpkin cubed
- 1 large potatoes cubed
- 1 large capsicum cubed
- 2 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 3 to matoes chopped
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2-3 tbsp oil/butter
- 3 tsp. ginger/garlic/chilli paste
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder
- 2 tsp. coriander powder
- 2-3 tsp. pav bhaji masala
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander lemon,butter for garnish
- Boil all vegetables, except the onion and tomatoes.Mash them roughly and keep aside.
- Heat oil/butter in a pan, add ginger,garlic and chilli,saute for few minutes.
- Add the onions, cook until golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes with spices, let it cook for few minutes.
- Add the mashed and boiled vegetables with peas.Let it simmer for 10-15 mins.
- Garnish with coriander,lemon and butter.
- Serve hot with some sliced onions and hot buttery buns.
Click here to see more appetizer recipes.
Also click here to see more recipe videos at Youtube channel "Secondrecipe".