Christmas potatoes is a unique potato recipe which you can make anytime, not just for a fancy Xmas dinner. Be it any family dinner or a gathering. This potato side dish will never disappoint you.After all, everyone loves potatoes! Whether they are smashed potatoes or accordion potatoes. Hashbrowns or loaded potato skins. A potato dish is a must for any occasion.
You can also try some of our Indian recipes that include Air fryer Cabbage kofta
curry ,Malai Kofta Recipe ,Baingan ka Bharta, air fryer stuffed eggplant ,air fryer tindora fry, Vegan mince recipe & Dried pomegranate in air fryer .
Christmas is a time for people to unwind and relax. 31st is round the corner. Most people meet and greet family they have not met in ages. Serve such fancy potatoes for Christmas Eve dinner and see them go wow! You need not cook fancy roast. A vegan dish can also serve as the talking point of evening, especially when it is a hot potato!
Spices for roast potatoes:
- oregano/any fried herb
- nutritional yeast/cheese (optional)
See recipe card for quantities.
Wash the potatoes for the Christmas potatoes.
Peel them ,cut them from each side,as shown below..
Slice them thickly
Load the potato slices onto skewers.
Soak the skewers in cold water for 1-2 hours(optional)
Remove the excess moisture by putting the skewers on tissue paper.
Brush oil on potato skewers before lining them in the basket.
Preheat the air fryer at 200C| 390F for 5 minutes.Place the skewers without overlap and air fry for 10 mins at 200C| 390F
Again brush oil and Flip and air fry again for 12-14 minutes.
Once they are cooked, take them out of the airfryer and season with salt and spices.
Vegetarian - You can also add shredded cheese instead of nutritional yeast.
You can use thyme or cumin in case you do not have oregano at home.
- oil spray / brush
Store them in a refrigerator for 3-4 days. Always preheat before you consume your left overs. Optionally add some spices for garnish while reheating. This will give it a fresh taste.
Always preheat your air fryer for 5-10 minutes, like you do for an oven.
Soak potatoes in water for best results.
Clear the bits of food which remain from an earlier usage by washing it with water. This will allow food to be cooked evenly and you will avoid burnt smell coming from left over bits.Always preheat your air fryer, like you would for an oven.
Also if you are looking use a plate with an airfryer, follow our page with extensive inputs.
You can peel them and leave it in a pan of cold water to avoid the mess.
It reduces moisture and thereby results in crispy fries.
- wooden skewers
- Wash the potatoes for the Christmas potatoes.Peel them ,cut them from each side,as shown below..
- Slice them thickly,Load the potato slices onto skewers.
- Soak the skewers in cold water for 1-2 hours.
- Remove the excess moisture from skewers by placing them on a tissue paper.
- Brush oil on potato skewers.
- Preheat the air fryer at 200C| 390F for 5 minutes.Place the skewers without overlap and air fry for 10 mins at 200C| 390F
- Again brush oil and Flip and air fry again for 12-14 minutes.
- Once they are cooked, take them out of the airfryer and season with salt and spices.
- Always keep the kitchen well ventilated or exhaust on while using your oven or air fryer.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
Other snack recipes include Air fryer soya manchurian, Air fryer paneer potato cutlet ,Air fryer falafel , Airfryer stuffed mushrooms ,Air fryer potato smileys, air fryer dehydrated orange slices,air fryer English muffin toast, air fryer English muffin pizza, air fryer frozen onion rings, air fried peas, air fryer cinnamon apples slices, air fryer frozen tater tots, air fryer chestnuts, air fryer breaded zucchini, frozen hot pockets in airfryer, air fryer burgers & air fryer tofu satay