Christmas potatoes is a unique potato recipe which you can make anytime, not just for a fancy Xmas dinner. Be it any family dinner or a gathering. This potato side dish will never disappoint you.
After all, everyone loves potatoes! Whether they are smashed potatoes or accordion potatoes. Hashbrowns or loaded potato skins. A potato dish is a must for any occasion.
Christmas is a time for people to unwind and relax. 31st is round the corner. Most people meet and greet family they have not met in ages. Serve such fancy potatoes for Christmas Eve dinner and see them go wow! You need not cook fancy roast. A vegan dish can also serve as the talking point of evening, especially when it is a hot potato!
Spices for roast potatoes:
- oregano/any fried herb
- nutritional yeast/cheese (optional)
See recipe card for quantities.
Wash the potatoes for the Christmas potatoes
Peel them ,cut them from each side,as shown below..
Slice them thickly
Load the potato slices onto skewers.
Soak the skewers in cold water for 1-2 hours(optional)
Remove the excess moisture by putting the skewers on tissue paper.
Brush oil on potato skewers before lining them in the basket.
Preheat the air fryer at 200C| 390F for 5 minutes.Place the skewers without overlap and air fry for 10 mins at 200C| 390F
Again brush oil and Flip and air fry again for 12-14 minutes.
Once they are cooked, take them out of the airfryer and season with salt and spices.
Vegetarian - You can also add shredded cheese instead of nutritional yeast.
You can use thyme or cumin in case you do not have oregano at home.
- air fryer
- oil spray / brush
Store them in a refrigerator for 3-4 days. Always preheat before you consume your left overs. Optionally add some spices for garnish while reheating. This will give it a fresh taste.
Always preheat your air fryer for 5-10 minutes, like you do for an oven.
Soak potatoes in water for best results.
Clear the bits of food which remain from an earlier usage by washing it with water. This will allow food to be cooked evenly and you will avoid burnt smell coming from left over bits.Always preheat your air fryer, like you would for an oven.
You can peel them and leave it in a pan of cold water to avoid the mess.
It reduces moisture and thereby results in crispy fries.
- wooden skewers
- Wash the potatoes for the Christmas potatoes.Peel them ,cut them from each side,as shown below..
- Slice them thickly,Load the potato slices onto skewers.
- Soak the skewers in cold water for 1-2 hours.
- Remove the excess moisture from skewers by placing them on a tissue paper.
- Brush oil on potato skewers.
- Preheat the air fryer at 200C| 390F for 5 minutes.Place the skewers without overlap and air fry for 10 mins at 200C| 390F
- Again brush oil and Flip and air fry again for 12-14 minutes.
- Once they are cooked, take them out of the airfryer and season with salt and spices.
- Always keep the kitchen well ventilated or exhaust on while using your oven or air fryer.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
I dont have an airfryer. Can i make all these recipes in the oven?
bhavana bhatia says
Yes, you can, however it will be helpful if you use a grill in the oven for better circulation of air.Also oven takes atleast 30% more time as compared to an airfryer.