Atta ke laddoo or Atta laddoo is a rich and tasty recipe.This is also called Pinni in North India.
My earliest memory of Pinni
It only reminds me of childhood,my mum and grandmum. Each family has its own version.Some people like atta ladoo just plain,while others make it loads of dry fruits.Some may even add gond or digestive gum to it.Others may add jaggery instead of sugar.It is simple and simply melts into mouth.It is kid friendly and also beneficial for expecting women.
My grandma would make this for us when we were kids.Wheat ladoo is as good as having a roti.Full of proteins and carbs.This one more powerful with nuts.You could eat one and be full till lunch time.I love making them for my family too.When we were kids,grandma would make it before we came to her place and also make a big box of them when we would go back after vacation.Food is a great way of preserving your memories.
Now as a mum,I make it for my family.You can also make it for travel as it stays good for a long time.
- Heat atta/wholemeal flour until light brown
- Add ghee,nuts and cardamom powder, cook until dark brown
3.Add powdered sugar
4.Cook until you get crumbled texture,turn off the heat,shape into ladoo
How to make atta pinni at home? Scroll below to see aata ladoo recipe
- 1.5 cup atta or wholemeal flour
- ½ cup mixed dry fruits almonds,cashews,walnuts finely chopped and dry roasted
- ¾ cup ghee or clarified butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp elaichi or cardamom powder
- Heat a pan and dry roast wholemeal flour until rawness disappears.Keep stirring to avoid burning the flour.
- Add ghee to it along with dry fruits.
- Keep stirring till you get brown texture.
- Add cardamom powder and sugar and keep stirring till you get a danaadar consistency.
- Remove from flame and make equal sized laddoo or balls out of it.
Click here to see more Indian sweet recipes.
Also,click here to see more recipe videos.