Stuffed Bread roll or roller as we Sindhis call it,is a Sunday heavy breakfast.Nothing better than stuffed bread potato rolls on a cold winter morning along with a cup of hot tea.
Fried sausage shaped spicy potato sandwiches.It is a treat to taste buds.It is great for a kitty party,tea time snack for guests who drop in with less time.Great way of using left over bread or potato mash.You can also make it for birthday parties.You can have it as a snack or as a meal with soup.They are a great combination with pakoras.After all, you need to fry both.Why not make the most of the chance.Both are a winner.
Roller also has a good crunchy outer with soft potato filling inside.This makes it heavier.
Thus, make it easier to fill stomach.
Nowadays,IPL is on so this is a great starter with cold drinks and some popcorn.
It is a time to sit together and enjoy the match!
You can also make them when you go for a picnic.This bread roll recipe is easy to make.They can be eaten warm or at room temperature.Eat the crispy bread roll with spicy tomato sauce or mayonnaise.If you make them spicy,simple tea would do.You will not need another dip with it.
Step by step pictures of the recipe
1.Prepare the potato masala ,keep it aside
2. Cut the sides of the bread,soak them in water,drain excess water
3.Place some potato masala with a slice of bread.
4.Close the bread from all sides, use an extra slice if required.
5.Fry in medium hot oil
6. Take out when golden brown
How to make bread roll?
- 1 loaf sandwich bread
- 4 large potatoes boiled
- 1 tbsp dried mango powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp chopped green chillies
- 1 pinch of turmeric
- 1 tbsp red chilly powder
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for frying
- In hot oil,saute ginger,green chilli and cumin seeds.
- Add this to mashed potatoes.
- Mix spices, salt and mix it well.
- Add chopped coriander.
- Wet bread slightly and stuff mashed potatoes until it becomes round or cylindrical shape.Cover all the edges evenly with bread.
- Heat oil and fry the bread roll until crisp and brown.
- Serve hot with mint chutney or tomato sauce..
Looking for more easy snacks?
Click here to see more appetizer recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos from our channel "Secondrecipe".