No party is complete without great food.No North-Indian appetizer is complete without hari chutney.This green chutney is a tangy coriander mint dip.
When you combine freshness of mint, with coriander and chillies,it makes a smooth dip.
It also adds the spice to all the tea time savories.
This is one recipe which is easy to make and a hit with people of all ages.You have got a winner on hand with this dip.
This is is the perfect dip for any party.Best part is it can be prepared a day before.
However,we suggest you prepare it fresh.
After all, as it takes only few minutes to prepare just before the party!
You got so many uses for this little dip.
It brings a great zing to any sizzler.You can make it mild or spicy according to your taste.
Add avocado or yogurt to make it silky smooth.
You can also use it for marination for any baked potatoes or chicken.
Add it to some cheese and make grilled sandwiches.That tastes yum too.
Scroll below to read the recipe Hari chutney- coriander mint dip
Coriander Mint dip -hari chutney
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1/2 bunch mint
- 1-2 green chillies
- 2-3 tbsp fried bengal gram/chutney dal/1 avocado
- 1 small ginger piece Optional
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- salt as per taste
- Wash and separate coriander and mint leaves.
- In a blender add mint and coriander leaves, avocado/chutney dal, chillies and ginger with some water and blend for 3-4 minutes until it forms a puree.
- Add salt, sugar and juice of lemon.
- Store in an air-tight container in refrigerator.It lasts 3-5 days easily.
You can preserve the chutney by canning it or storing it in the freezer.
Also, you can alter the quantity of sugar/salt/chilies/lemon juice as per your taste and the size of the bunch of mint/coriander.
To avoid the chutney from getting blackish,add salt after grinding.You may also reduce the qty of mint.
Click dip for more chutney and dips.
Also,click here to see more recipe videos.