Eggless blueberry ice cream is creamy dreamy treat. Desserts are always a thing to look forward to. Whether it is a mithai, halwa or a creamy soft serve softy.It gives you a perfect end to the meal. If it is something which is made naturally even better.
Frozen or fresh?
I love the vibrant color that comes when full fat cream mixes with the berries. I absolutely love blueberries. They are just like bananas. Grab them and eat it fresh when at a farm. I end up eating blueberries on my way home fresh from the local vegetable market. They help me get an instant energy rush without relying on chocolate. They are great for anti-oxidants too. Also, the best anti aging remedy.
Best part about berries is they are full of color and flavor. Put it on your pavlova or your cake or a simple smoothie and enjoy! Eggless blueberry cake works great with coffee and if you want a cold treat the recipe below will just be it. You may use frozen or fresh blueberries to make this. Frozen berries are actually better they say. I love eating them fresh and storing some when they are in season. Storing them in food graded ziplock pouches helps me enjoy my smoothies even when they are not locally available.
- Blueberry puree
- Full fat cream
- Apple cider vinegar
- Whole milk/ full fat milk
- Corn starch/corn flour
- Corn syrup
- Cook the blueberry with sugar in a pan. Allow to boil and cook for 5-10 minutes. Let it cool
2. Blend the blueberry mix along with lemon juice. In a bowl, add milk, cream, corn flour and glucose syrup.
3. Take milk and cream in a pan, heat the milk mixture . Add sugar to the above mix. Let it come to a boil on a slow flame.
4. Now, turn off the heat. Add the blueberry mix and corn flour slurry to the pan. Turn on the heat on a low flame. Whisk continuously and let it come to a boil. Turn of the heat. 5. Transfer it to a bowl in an ice bath. Once cool, chill it in the refrigerator for 1 hour. (Optionally, you may add natural food color here if you want a stronger color) 6. Add the blueberry cream mix to the ice-cream maker. If you do not have a machine, see step (without ice-cream maker) 7. Remove it from the machine, once it has been churned and turned into a soft serve ice-cream. 8. Transfer it to container and cover it with a baking sheet to avoid any crystals. Let it set in the freezer(4-6 hours). That looks so creamy and delicious that I just lick some as I transfer!
Without ice-cream maker
If you do not have a machine, do not despair. People have made it even without a gadget in the olden days. Transfer the chilled base to a container and cover it with a baking sheet. Chill it in a freezer for 1 hour. Using a hand blender, blend the base and chill it in the freezer again. Repeat this step once again after on hour.
Read the recipe here
Eggless blueberry ice cream recipe
- ice cream maker
- or hand blender if you do not have ice-cream maker
For blueberry mix:
- ½ cup blueberry puree
- 2 tablespoon sugar
For Cornflour slurry
- ½ cup full fat cream
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
For milk and cream base
- ½ cup sugar
- 1.5 cup milk
- 1.5 cup full fat cream
- 2 tablespoon corn syrup
- Mix sugar and blueberries in a bowl. Let it sit 3-4 hours until the juices come out.
- Cook the berry mix in a pan and reduce it. Let it cool.
- Blend the strawberry mix along with lemon juice. Keep it aside.
- Mix the cream,vinegar,milk and cornflour in a bowl
- Add the blueberry mix to the the corn flour mix, keep it aside.
Milk and cream base
- In a pan, add milk, cream and glucose syrup.
- Add sugar to the above mix. Let it come to a boil on a slow flame.
- Now, turn off the heat. Add the blueberry corn flour slurry to the pan. Turn on the heat on a low flame. Whisk continuously and let it come to a boil. Turn of the heat.
- Transfer it to a bowl in an ice bath. Once cool, chill it in the refrigerator for 1 hour. (Optionally, you may add natural food colour, if you want a stronger pin colour.)
- Add the blueberry cream mix to the ice-cream maker. If you do not have an ice cream maker, see step (without ice cream maker)
- Remove it from the ice-cream maker when once it has been churned and turned into a soft ice-cream.
- Transfer it to container and cover it with a baking sheet to avoid any crystals. let it set in the freezer(4-6 hours)
Without ice cream maker
- If you do not have an ice-cream maker, transfer the chilled ice-cream base to a container and cover it with a baking sheet. Chill it in a freezer for 1 hour. Using a hand blender,blend the ice-cream base and chill it in the freezer again.Repeat this step once again after on hour.
- Ice-cream maker
- Whisk +Saucepan if making without an ice-cream maker.
You can make this recipe with any berry in season locally. Whether its raspberry or strawberries, blackberry or cranberries. Each has a burst of color and flavor once you put them in your mouth. Mix and match to make your own combination. Combine it with some cream to make your tub of bliss. You can also use frozen berries to make this recipe.
These tiny balls of flavor are great for a snack too. One must remember, they have a small shelf life even in a fridge. You may also dehydrate them in a dehydrator. Eat them as soon as you get them else you will end up losing many. Making a homemade dessert, helps me use all the left over berries at home. Just freeze them in a plastic tub if you cannot make it right away.
U scream I scream for more recipes!
- Super creamy strawberry ice cream
- Mango Kulfi desi style -No machine, no problem!
- Kesar Pista kulfi-No fruit yes kulfi.
- Gadbad/Falooda-Drink or a dessert? You decide.
- Rose & Pista Icecream-Match made in heaven!
- Easy paan icecream -Best way to digest a big hearty meal.
- Tutti frutti icecream -I am still a child
- Creamy chocolate icecream - Did anyone say chocolate?