Paneer Bhurji is my go-to recipe when I want to have a quick dinner or lunch. Although you can have it for breakfast as well. You can make a paneer bhurji roll by rolling it in roti/paratha to make an on-the-go breakfast.
What is Paneer bhurji?
Crumbled paneer or cottage cheese cooked with onions, tomatoes and herbs. It is all you want for a quick meal. Also,a great combination with simple bread or paratha/roti.It has a taste similar to scrambled eggs or anda bhurji. The vegan alternative to it is scrambled tofu and cooks in a jiffy. You can make it without onion too or add capsicums to make a paneer capsicum bhurji if you like them.Simple and absolutely yummy meal. Bachelors can also make it easily because it requires no prior preparation. You only need some cheese from the market. I love to make my cottage cheese at home. However if you are in a hurry, you can also buy it from the market. Just soak it in hot water for 15-20 mins and drain it. Crumble it with hand.
- paneer or cottage cheese
- onion sliced
- tomatoes diced
- chopped green chilli
- ginger finely chopped
- cumin seeds/jeera
- red chilli powder
- cumin powder
- salt as per taste
- For garnish: chopped coriander
Where do you get best Paneer bhurji?
Tarachand Bhurji near telephone exchange is one of the most revered tourist foodie travel destinations. It is one of the yummiest meals I have had. Simple flavorful and on budget. Very filling too. Small shop in the market which just specializes in 1-2 food items and yet makes it to the must eat destinations of this famous foodie destination.
How to make Paneer bhurji?
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions along with ginger and chillies. Let it cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add chopped tomatoes along with salt.
- Add spices and mix well.
- Now, add scrambled paneer to it and mix well.
Paneer Bhurji recipe
- 1 ½ cup paneer or cottage cheese
- 2 onion sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chillies
- 1 tablespoon ginger finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon oil
- In a pan,heat oil and add cumin seeds.Let it splutter.
- Add chopped onions,ginger and green chillies.
- Cook until the tomatoes are translucent.
- Add tomatoes,spices and salt.Mix well.
- Cook till tomatoes soften.
- Add paneer ,mix all ingredient.
- Cook for few minutes,turn off the heat.
- Cover the pan for few minutes,garnish with coriander.
- Serve warm with flatbread.
Why is paneer so popular?
- Easy pressure cooked matar paneer for weeknights helps you any day.
- Iron rich palak paneer is boon to make picky kids eat spinach.
- Paneer tikka & tikka masala is the talk of the town always!
- Guests coming at short notice, entice them with yummy paneer pakoda
- Protein fix during fasting, try our falhari tikka.
- Fancy a restaurant meal at home, paneer butter masala and tandoori roti is just what you want!
Click videos to watch more curry recipe videos from our Youtube channel secondrecipe.
Tofu has lower calories but both have sufficient protein.
No it i coagulated using apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. Click here to see how to make paneer at home.