Paneer Bhurji is my go-to recipe when I want to have a quick dinner or lunch. Although you can have it for breakfast as well. You can make a paneer bhurji roll by rolling it in roti/paratha to make an on-the-go breakfast.
What is Paneer bhurji?
Crumbled paneer or cottage cheese cooked with onions, tomatoes and herbs. It is all you want for a quick meal. It is a great combination with simple bread or paratha/roti.It has a taste similar to scrambled eggs or anda bhurji. The vegan alternative to it is scrambled tofu and cooks in a jiffy. You can make it without onion too or add capsicums to make a paneer capsicum bhurji if you like them.Simple and absolutely yummy meal. Bachelors can also make it easily because it requires no prior preparation. You only need some cheese from the market. I love to make my cottage cheese at home. However if you are in a hurry, you can also buy it from the market. Just soak it in hot water for 15-20 mins and drain it. Crumble it with hand.
Amritsar foodie-It brings me back memories of Amritsar by-lanes.
Tarachand Bhurji near telephone exchange is one of the most revered tourist foodie travel destinations.
It is one of the yummiest meals I have had. Simple flavorful and on budget. Very filling too.
Small shop in the market which just specializes in 1-2 food items and yet makes it to the must eat destinations of this famous foodie destination.
How to make Paneer bhurji?
Read the Paneer Bhurji recipe below:
Paneer Bhurji-cottage cheese scramble
- 1 ½ cup paneer or cottage cheese
- 2 onion sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 tbsp chopped green chillies
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Salt as per taste
- For garnish: chopped coriander
- In a pan,heat oil and add cumin seeds.Let it splutter.
- Add chopped onions,ginger and green chillies.
- Cook until the tomatoes are translucent.
- Add tomatoes,spices and salt.Mix well.
- Cook till tomatoes soften.
- Add paneer ,mix all ingredient.
- Cook for few minutes,turn off the heat.
- Cover the pan for few minutes,garnish with coriander.
- Serve warm with flatbread.
Need more easy Paneer recipes?
- Easy pressure cooked matar paneer for weeknights helps you any day.
- Iron rich palak paneer is boon to make picky kids eat spinach.
- Paneer tikka & tikka masala is the talk of the town always!
- Guests coming at short notice, entice them with yummy paneer pakoda
- Protein fix during fasting, try our falhari tikka.
- Fancy a restaurant meal at home, paneer butter masala and tandoori roti is just what you want!
Click videos to watch more curry recipe videos from our Youtube channel secondrecipe.
Click here to see more paneer recipes.