Vietnamese rice paper rolls is an easy snack. Great way to use your left over noodles and salad too. All you need is some rice paper roll wrappers. They look colorful and appetizing. Just serve it with some satay sauce or a spicy ketchup.
They are a great snack and healthier than having popcorn and burgers during your favorite match or movie at home.You can make them hot and fresh and enjoy it while the game lasts or prepare the filling one day early and just set them to steam instantly.People love having these rolls,all over the globe.From Singapore to India,from Vietnam to Australia, Cambodia to USA, people have connected to this oriental dish very quickly.You find them everywhere, in live counters and outdoor parties,upscale restaurants to oriental diners.
- mandolin slicer
- rice paper rolls
- red, green and yellow peppers
- peanut sauce / satay sauce for serving.
- In a saucepan, boil noodles as per your packet instructions. Slice the peppers lengthwise.
2. Take warm water in a wide plate/bowl. Dip the rice paper roll in the warm water for 3-4 seconds.
3. Move the wet rice paper to a clean kitchen towel
Place peppers at one end, leaving enough space to roll the wrapper.
4. Add the cooked noodles on top.
5. Fold them by rolling it twice to make a wrap as per the pictures below.
6. Close the edges from left and right to make an envelope.
7. Roll again to seal the wrap and enclose it. Repeat for all the filling.
8. Serve with satay sauce or peanut dipping sauce.
- You can use any vegetable you like in the filling along with noodles. Crunchy cabbage or purple cabbage, steamed tofu can be added as per your choice.
- Another variation is to use avocado,carrot strips,noodles,red peppers with coriander.Slice the avocado with the skin first, it makes it easier to peel them off later.
If you are a non vegetarian, you may use minced meat as a filling along with veggies and noodles.
Store it in refrigerator for 1-2 days.
Vietnamese rice paper rolls | vegan rice paper roll recipe
- mandolin slicer
- 1 each peppers red, yellow and green
- 1 packet noodles
- rice paper wrappers store bought
- In a saucepan, boil noodles as per your packet instructions. Slice the peppers using mandolin slicer.
- Apply water on edges of each rice paper wrapper.
- Place peppers at one end, leaving enough space to roll the wrapper.
- Add the cooked noodles on top.
- Fold them by rolling it twice to make a wrap as per the pictures below.
- Close the edges from left and right to make an envelope.
- Roll again to seal the wrap and enclose it. Repeat for all the filling.
- Serve with satay sauce or peanut dipping sauce.
- You may serve them directly or cut into bite size 2 pieces.
Both are made using rice paper wrappers except that latter is fried. Spring rolls (cha gio) are crispy and fried. Summer rolls or rice paper rolls are made with raw rice paper wrappers and have cold ingredients (goi cuon).
If you replace bread with rolls and use healthy fillings, it will definitely aid in weight loss.