Tofu Noodle soup is basically a Vietnamese vegan pho. This Asian pho is a palate cleanser. You can have it when you just need a one pot meal with less cooking. All you need is some cooked tofu along with whatever raw veggies you might have left over. It is full of nutrients and hence builds immunity. You can use any vegetables in the soup like carrot, broccoli, corn, bok choy, beans, chopped green onions, garlic shoots, peas and even add stir-fried tofu. This is a gluten-free and vegan recipe. Hence, a perfect for a cold winter night or a rainy evening supper.
Simple and flavorsome. Enjoy your noodles but make it healthier. It is low on spices, although some people do add whole spices(garam masala) to this pot. Non-vegetarians may add their choice of meat if that goes for you. Personally, I do not like to consume meat and eggs. So I love the vegan version.
Benefits of soups
- Rich in fiber so they are great for gut health
- Filling yet helps in weight-loss as you eat healthy.
- Good for detox.
- Improves digestion.
- Cleanses skin.
- Improves health.
Benefits of Tofu noodle soup
- Tofu is low in calories
- It aids weight-loss.
- Has good amount of fiber.
- It helps reduce risk of diabetes.
- Lowers risk of stomach cancer.
- Carrots are great for eyes.
- Broccoli is good for bones as it has loads of calcium.
- Garlic is good for the heart, improves heart health.
- Green onions are good in Vitamin A, C and K and also helps in weight-loss.
How to use leftovers?
Add any left over raw veggies to soup. You can also add them to rice to create your version of fried rice. You can also use them to make chow mein.
Use them along with cabbage or cauliflowers to create mixed veg dry curries. Enjoy with flat bread or as Pav Bhaji.
Ingredients of Pho
- In a pan, sauté veggies and tofu by heating some oil.
2. Now, add carrots and cooked noodles once broccoli and tofu are bit soft.
3. Add salt, pepper and lemon juice and water. You may optionally add stock powder if you have it.
Garnish with fried noodles, chopped green onions. Serve hot.
Read the tofu noodle soup
Tofu Noodle soup
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 carrot diced
- 4-5 broccoli florets
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup fried noodles
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- Lemon juice
- In a pan,add oil and saute the veggies (garlic,carrots,broccoli,green onion) for 4-5 minutes
- Add tofu,saute for few minutes.
- Add water to this along with vegetable stock powder.
- Add salt and pepper along with some lemon juice,let it come to a boil.
- Garnish with lemon juice,chopped green onions,fried noodles and serve hot.
Looking for more noodle recipes?
Refer to our Vegan section to see more vegan recipes.
Finally, click video to watch more recipe videos.