Tofu Noodle soup is basically a Vietnamese vegan pho. This Asian pho is a palate cleanser. You can have it when you just need a one pot meal with less cooking. All you need is some cooked tofu along with whatever raw veggies you might have left over. It is full of nutrients and hence builds immunity. You can use any vegetables in the soup like carrot, broccoli, corn, bok choy, beans, chopped green onions, garlic shoots, peas and even add stir-fried tofu. This is a gluten-free and vegan recipe. Hence, a perfect for a cold winter night or a rainy evening supper.
Simple and flavorsome. Enjoy your noodles but make it healthier. It is low on spices, although some people do add whole spices(garam masala) to this pot. Non-vegetarians may add their choice of meat if that goes for you. Personally, I do not like to consume meat and eggs. So I love the vegan version.
Benefits of soups
- Rich in fiber so they are great for gut health
- Filling yet helps in weight-loss as you eat healthy.
- Good for detox.
- Improves digestion.
- Cleanses skin.
- Improves health.
Benefits of Tofu noodle soup
- Tofu is low in calories and makes you feel full for longer.
- It aids weight-loss and is great for calcium so helps with hair growth.
- Has good amount of fiber and helps reduce risk of diabetes.
- Lowers risk of stomach cancer.
- Carrots are great for eyes.
- Broccoli is good for bones as it has loads of calcium.
- Garlic is good for the heart, improves heart health in long run.
- Green onions are good in Vitamin A, C and K and also helps in weight-loss.
How to use leftovers?
Left overs can be used to create simple dishes. Use rice and veggies to make dishes like tomato rice, lemon rice, tamarind rice and tawa pulao. Even adding rice to some noodles makes a good breakfast. Add any left over raw veggies to Manchow soup or besan childa.. You can also add them to rice to create your version of fried rice or pulao. You can also use them to make chowmein. Use them along with cabbage or cauliflowers to create mixed veg dry curries. Enjoy with flat bread or as Pav Bhaji. Use left over tofu to make manchurian. Air fry the cutlets of boiled vegetables with or without bread crumbs to make your own beet cutlets, raw banana cutlets
Ingredients of Pho
- broccoli florets
- spring onions
- vegetable stock powder
- green onions
- fried noodles
- salt and pepper as per taste
- lemon juice
- In a pan, sauté veggies and tofu by heating some oil.
2. Now, add carrots and cooked noodles once broccoli and tofu are bit soft.
3. Add salt, pepper and lemon juice and water. You may optionally add stock powder if you have it.
Garnish with fried noodles, chopped green onions. Serve hot.
Tofu Noodle soup recipe
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 carrot diced
- 4-5 broccoli florets
- ½ cup tofu
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup fried noodles
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- Lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- In a pan, add oil and sauté the veggies (garlic, carrots, broccoli, green onions) for 4-5 minutes.
- Add tofu and sauté for few minutes.
- Now, add water to this along with vegetable stock powder.
- Add salt and pepper along with some lemon juice,let it come to a boil.
- Garnish with lemon juice,chopped green onions,fried noodles and serve hot.
Coat it in a tbsp. of cornstarch or arrowroot powder, soya sauce and fry or air fry it.
It goes brown or tan and develops a sour rotten smell.
Once packet is open, tofu is best consumed within 3-4 days.
If you are wondering how do you keep tofu fresh? Once the packet is open, store it in water for 2-4 days. Make sure you change the water daily.
Refer to our Vegan section to see more vegan recipes.
Finally, click video to watch more recipe videos.