Eggless tutti frutti cake is a yummy treat.You can have them for easy weekday breakfast.Eat them during travel,or serve them during a high tea.With or without tea,they are great for a snack.Tutty fruity cake makes a best pick-me-up mid-week.
What are Tutti Frutti made of?
They are colorful dried papaya bits.Some people also make it from candied berries.It take baking to the next level. There are so many tutti frutti recipes. You can make a n eggless tutti frutti cake with wheat flour too or just make bread.Make a pineapple tutti frutti cake if you do not like vanilla.Make tutti frutti cup cakes with egg or eggless tutti frutti muffins.They are spongy too.
Make biscotti, buns or yummy ice cream too.
We love baking with them. I always,end up eating so many raw, while baking them.I think I eat it more than my bub.
Bread and cakes has been an integral part of Mumbai culture.Countless cups of Irani chai at Goodluck cafe and gupshup with my best friend near Mt Mary. Ah what days! Down south too,bakeries always served fresh food. I loved going to Iyengar bakeries.Best part was they were eggless. Hot trays of Dilkhush buns,cake or Dilpasand and patties lined small shops.Some of us have always loved the britannia tooty fruity cake.I always remember carrying Britannia fruit cake with me during travel.We would travel for 2 days to reach central India from South.Hence,there was always a big snack bag.Loved all the goodies mum packed.
Step-by-step tutty fruity cake recipe
Note: Since this recipe has papaya,pregnant women should consult doctor before intake.
Scroll below to read the eggless tutti frutti cake recipe
Eggless tutti frutti cake
- 1.5 cup self raising flour+0.5 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup milk with 2 tsp vinegar at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup tutti frutti for batter
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ½ cup oil +2 tbsp for greasing
- For Garnish: 1/4 cup tutti frutti
- Mix milk(at room temperature) with vinegar and keep it aside for few minutes to curdle.
- Sift flour and add all the remaining ingredients to it.
- Mix well after adding milk-vinegar mixture until you get a smooth consistency.
- Grease the cake tin with oil.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan.Decorate it with more tutti fruiti.
- Bake for 40 minutes(at 160 degree C) or till a knife tip comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely and turn the pan upside down on a large plate and tap slightly on the bottom of the pan to unmould the cake.
- Cut into wedges or squares as desired.
Click here to see more dessert recipes.
Also click here to see more recipe videos.