Malpua is a quintessential sweet for Holi.Usually it is made with plain flour but this a wholewheat malpua recipe.
Holi is a time for gulal and loads of fun.Needless to say,you are hungry by the time you finish playing with colors and water.You do need something to re-energize in between.
Braj ki Holi is beautiful and divine.Definitely a must go in a foodie traveller's bucket list.
Holi Memories & mummy ke snacks
No Holi in my house is celebrated without these eggless fred pancakes & desserts.
I remember as kids, we would cycle to all the friends' homes & play Holi at every place.We would finally end up at Ukku club for the rain dance.It was so much fun.Vizag Steel township in Andhra Pradesh was heaven.My mom is known for her Malpuas in the whole family.Shehas a huge fan following for her yum desserts and snacks.This time she is here for Holi after very long time.Hence, it is time for me to rekindle my childhood memories.
I think what makes this sweet tick,it is soft yet crispy hence kids and elders both love it equally.
Whether you celebrate Holi or not,enjoy the yum fried pancakes!
Scroll below to read the recipe of wholewheat Malpua
Steps for making malpua
Malpua - Quick Indian Pancake
- 1 cup atta or wholemeal flour
- 1.5 cup milk
- 1 tsp elaichi/cardamom powder
- 1 tsp masala ¼ tsp each of black pepper,cardamom,fennel seeds,cinnamon
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar ½ cup if you need it more sweet
- 6-7 almonds & walnuts coarsely powdered
For frying: Oil or ghee/clarified butter
- In a bowl mix all ingredients.
- Whisk well until sugar dissolves and you get runny batter.Keep it aside for 5-10 min.
- In a pan,heat oil or ghee for frying.It should be enough so that malpua are immersed in oil/ghee completely so that it fries uniformly
- Using a laddle take 2 tbsp of batter and fry them one by one.
- Fry them until crisp golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Click here to see more festive recipes.
Also click here to see more recipe videos.