Sanna pakode- Sindhi onion fritters is a foodie's dream.
Every Sindhi household has this special dish some time or the other.Be it tea or even a mid-week meal.We are all guilty of having this pleasure of Sanna pakora.We love this to the core.I am sure pakora recipe was developed for days when you don't know what to eat?
Stuck on meal ideas?
Pakode or fritters always rescue a bored homemaker.
Just eat it with some bread or roti.You may have it with mint or tamarind chutney.Simple tomato sauce works too.
We have had this in our travel too.After all,long journeys always need their snacks.
Fritters + bread+ pickle= happy tummy on an idle train journey
If you are on a diet and still want to enjoy,do not lose heart.
You can enjoy it on a cheat day with the baked version.
Click here to see baked fritter recipe.
Note: Add some to yogurt kadhi if you are not vegan.Have it with some rice.Best sleep ever.
Great recipe for main course for an impromptu party or get-together too.Trust me you can never go wrong with this menu!!
Scroll below to read the recipe of Sanna pakode- Sindhi onion fritters
Sanna pakode- Double fried fritters
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1-2 green chillies
- 1/2 cup besan/chickpea flour
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp anardana dried pomegranate seeds, optional
- Pinch of baking soda
- Salt as per taste
- Water to make thick batter
- Oil for frying
- Make the thick batter by mixing water & flour.
- Add spices,salt,chopped onions,chilli & soda.
- Heat oil in a kadai/pan on medium flame.
- Now, use enough batter to fry a fritter/pakoda, this will be 3-4 times bigger than what you normally cook.
- Once cooked,take it out and keep it aside to cool down.
- Once all the pakoda/fritters are cooked and cooled down, cut them into smaller pieces.
- Fry them once again in hot oil on medium flame,Take them out once cooked.
Click here to see more Sindhi recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.