Hot potato hot potato! Nothing better than a hot potato. We all love spuds and make many yummy dishes from it. Whether it's appetizers you are looking at or even a dessert, like aloo halwa. Making a simple sookhi sabzi with dear aloo (as we call it in Hindi) like aloo capsicum, aloo gobi or aloo beans or an instant pot full of curry. However, what do you do with the leftover potato peels ? Good news, you can use it too.
Beauty tip: You can make rub the peels on the skin to remove tan. Another great way of using them is making potato peel chips. Crispy texture of potato peels recipe will surprise you. You will end up making this time and again, instead of throwing leftover potato peelings in a compost pile. It is a great way to avoid food waste and also get a side dish for free. So surprise people with this easy crispy potato skin chips. This way you can use entire potato too. Serve golden brown potato peel crisps with your favorite dip, hot sauce or sour cream.
Air fryer brings out the best in appetizers. Whether it's French fries or air fryer potato wedges. Hasselback potatoes or hash browns. Spiral potatoes or shoe string fries. Jacket potatoes, crinkle fries or Accordion potatoes. air fryer potato chips or smashed potatoes.
- potato peels
- salt as per taste
- olive oil or any vegetable oil of your choice
See recipe card for quantities.
- Peel the potatoes and wash them for a couple of minutes in a bowl of water in order to remove dirt.
2. Drain any excess water
3. Drizzle 1 tbsp. oil on the peels along with salt.
4. Preheat the air fryer at 200C/390F for 5 minutes. Layer them in a single layer without overlap, in your air fryer basket or a baking tray.
5. Air fry them for 5-6 minutes at 200C/390F until crisp.
Hint: Always treat your air fryer like an oven. Preheat it before you use, for best results.
You can make this delicious snack, with sweet potato peels too.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes, crushed black pepper while cooking to imbue heat into the dish.
- You may sprinkle any of favorite seasonings on top.You may put some parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast on top, if vegan. Increase the cooking time additionally for a minute.
- You can try different seasonings for a flavorful snack like garlic powder, onion powder, lemon juice.
- air fryer
- vegetable peeler
Store them in an air-tight container. Air fry for few minutes before you serve hot.
Always remove any left over crumbs before you reuse your air fryer.
I prefer using Russet potatoes,Yukon Gold or King Edward for this airfryer potato skins recipe. Apart from these, Royal blue & purple are other varieties that go well to make crispy chips.
Yes, you can. If you lay it in even single layer that they do not freeze together.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
air fryer potato peel recipe
- potato peeler
- large bowl
- 1 cup potato peels
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt as per taste
- Peel the potatoes and wash them well to remove dirt.
- Drain any excess water
- Drizzle 1 tbsp. oil on the peels along with salt.
- Preheat the air fryer at 200C/390F for 5 minutes. Layer them in a single layer without overlap, in your air fryer basket or a baking tray.
- Cook at 200C/390F for 5-6 minutes or until crisp. Shake the peels in the basked once in between the cook.
- Serve air fryer potato peel crisps immediately with a dipping sauce of your choice.
- Then tend to get soft if not served immediately.You can again cook them in the airfryer for 2 minutes to get them crisp again.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
Conclusion: air fryer potato peels is a bonus snack when you are making any curry or appetizer. It adds a crisp element to your table and is finished within minutes.