If you find yourself yearning for the delightful crispness of your beloved fries but are seeking a more healthier alternative to the traditional deep frying method, look no further. Look no further than your air fryer. If you're dreaming of the perfect snack for the whole family, air fryer crinkle cut fries is an easy side dish you can make. Within the contents of this detailed step-by-step guide, we will reveal the most effective method to successfully attain flawlessly crispy and golden crinkle fries. A culinary masterpiece that is bound to satisfy your palate and leave you yearning for additional servings.
I must say cooking has become much easier with air fryer recipes. We've got all the potato dishes you could ever want - vegan hasselback potatoes , mashed potato cakes, hasselback sweet potatoes and homemade tater tots. Other notable air fryer potato recipes are air fried jacket potatoes,baby potatoes in air fryer, accordion potatoes in air fryer, vegan hashbrowns in airfryer, diced potatoes in air fryer, air fryer carrots and potatoes, air fryer French fries recipe & shoestring fries in air fryer.
- mandolin slicer / crinkle cutter.
What kind of potatoes are used for crinkle cut fries?
Choosing the correct variety of potato is the most important step in this recipe.The varieties that work well include the following.
- Russet potatoes
- Yukon Gold potatoes
- Kind Edward
- Royal Dutch cream
- Royal blue / Purple
Depending on where you live, you will find one variety or other.) I have tried with Russet, King Edward, Dutch cream, Royal blue and all of them were good .The best result was with Russet and Kind Edward potatoes.
If you do not want to go through the hassle, then a simpler option is to get the frozen fries and cook them in the air fryer. Refer to our recipe here.
To make delicious crinkle cut fries in an air fryer, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- crinkle-cut chips (or your favorite variety)
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- Salt and seasonings (such as garlic powder, black pepper)
Refer to recipe card for details.
How to cut crinkle cut fries. ?
- You can use a mandolin slicer,however the slicer I had could not produce fries that are like store bought.
- You can use a simple a handheld slicer and cut them like I did below. It gave me fries that were similar to store bought fries.
how to make crinkle fries in air fryer?
In the full recipe, you will discover the precise cooking times and valuable tips that will help you achieve those irresistibly crispy edges. To achieve perfect results consistently, it is important to follow the step-by-step guide.
1. Soak them in cold water for 3-4 hour. Add few ice cubes if you like.
You can make it without soaking too. However, soaking cut potatoes in a large bowl of cold water results in crispier fries.
2.Drain the water from the potatoes, You may dry the potato sticks using a paper tissue.
3.Toss the fries with 1 tbsp. oil (no ,salt/seasoning now).
4. To make the fries in the air fryer. Place them in the tray in an even layer in the preheated air fryer. You may need to cook them in batches in the air fryer basket.
5. Cook these for 10 minutes at 200C,stirring once/twice in between.
Mix the seasoning with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl. Toss the semi cooked fries in the seasoning.
6. Continue to cook at 200C for 8-10 minutes or until you get the desired crispness, of your air fryer fries.
Serve golden brown crispy fries with your favorite dipping sauces like tomato sauce and bbq sauce immediately.
Although crinkle-cut fries are already delicious by themselves, don't hesitate to experiment with different seasonings and spices to enhance their flavor. Whether you prefer seasoned fries or garlic parmesan varieties, the beauty of air-fried crinkle cut fries is that you can easily adapt them to suit your personal taste.
It is still delicious side dish. Serve these homemade fries with some vegan air fryer hamburgers.
Store the leftover fries in an air tight container and you can reheat the fries later.
- Always preheat your air fryer before you start air frying your snacks.
- Cook in multiple batches if you are making for a large group. depending on size of your air fryer, instead of overcrowding them for best results.
More chips please?
Crinkle cut fries in air fryer | best air fryer crinkle fries recipe
- Using a slicer, slice the potatoes or use cut them into crinkle cuts
- Take a pot filled with water. Leave the potato slices in it for 3-4 hours.
- Drain the water from the potatoes. Dry the potato sticks using a paper tissue.
- Toss the crinkle fries with 1 tablespoon oil (no salt/seasoning now).
- To make the fries in the air fryer, place them in the tray in a single layer in the preheated air fryer. You may need to cook them in batches.
- Cook these for 10 minutes at 200C,stirring once/twice in between.
- Mix the seasoning with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl. Toss the semi cooked fries in the seasoning.
- Continue to cook at 200C for 8-10 minutes or until you get the desired crispness. Serve immediately.
Improper handling of starch causes soggy chips
I prefer to cook at 200C/390F
Preheat the air fryer for 2 minutes at 180C|355F. Air fry them again for 5 minutes.
When it comes to fries, air fryer crinkle fries can provide a healthier option without compromising on taste. By utilizing the assistance of your reliable air fryer, you have the amazing opportunity to relish in flawlessly crispy and beautifully golden fries that effortlessly fulfill your deepest cravings, all while avoiding any feelings of guilt. Regardless of whether you choose to serve them as a side dish or as the main attraction of the meal, these fries are bound to become a much-loved favorite within your family.