Aloo Gobhi Matar is one of the easiest recipes.It is an immensely popular north Indian recipe.You can get it at all Punjabi roadside dhabas. I think it is a great way to use cauliflower. I love cauliflower recipes Be it Gobi Manchurian or Cauliflower pomegranate salad.
It is a versatile recipe because you can make it for an easy main course.However, the best reference comes from cult movie Bend it like Beckham. Remember the scene where mom wants the protagonist to learn making the curry, instead of playing football. Whether you love football or not, you can always learn making it.
Eat it with any flat bread. You may also pair it with dal makhani and you have a party menu ready.
Just have it with some raita/ yogurt dip, salad if you want to have lunch quickly.
You get the best quality of cauliflower in winter. This hot curry and flatbread just adds some warmth to the cold air.
Ditch the ghee and make it vegan.
You will never go wrong with this recipe.
To learn to make this quick dhaba style recipe scroll below to watch the video/read the recipe.
Step by step pictures of aloo gobhi ki sabji
To watch the YouTube video click on the link for aloo gobhi matar recipe below:
Scroll below to read the recipe of aloo gobhi matar
Aloo Gobhi Matar-Potato Cauliflower Curry
- 500 gm Cauliflower
- 2-3 medium potatoes
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 large tomatoes
- ½ cup peas
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp green chilly
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp jeera or cumin seeds
- ½ tbsp red chilly powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp kasuri methi
- 1 tsp coriander leaves for garnish
- Salt as per taste
- Puree tomatoes,ginger,garlic and chilies to make a fine paste.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan.Cook potatoes for 10 minutes until 80% cooked.Keep them aside.
- Cook cauliflower for 8 mins till 80% cooked.Keep it aside.
- Add remaining oil along with cumin seeds and tomato paste.Cook for 10 mins.
- Add spices cook for 10-12 mins till oil comes out of the gravy.
- Add peas,cooked cauliflower and potatoes.
- Mix slowly ,cook and let it simmer for 10 mins or until the vegetables are soft.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot with roti or any flat bread.
Try more such easy veg recipes?
Click curry for more curries and gravies
Finally, click here for watching more recipe videos.