Bombay Bhel or Mumbai Bhelpuri is similar to life at Mumbai.It is a mix of various flavors and tastes.Although you may not like everything but together everything makes sense.There is spice,little sweetness and tangy crunch.Spicy chutneys,crunchy nuts give it a great flavor.Rice flakes make it vegan and gluten-free too.This you have a easy go to recipe.If it is raining,you definitely feel like having something fried or have a chaat. Bhelpuri satisfies your appetite.Yet it takes care of waist line as all of it is not fried. Add roasted nuts to it instead of fried sev and you can have it without being concerned about your weight.
You don't need to be a chef for this snack. Add or subtract any ingredients as per your choice. Mumbai is a place of dreams.A city where time is money.You also travel a lot between home and work.Hence we Mumbaikars love snacking. Be it pani puri, bhel,misal pav or pav bhaji. Everyone has a favorite at Chowpatty. Beach comes alive at night where locals throng for some cool breeze and a quick bite or just to unwind after a long day. You can easily make Bhel when you come home from work. You will also find Bhelpuri chat stalls in canteens & weddings. Bengalis call the same bhelpuri Jhaal muri.There is just a slight variation.We saute rice puffs in mustard oil for this recipe.
read the recipe of Bombay Bhel or Mumbai Bhelpuri
Bombay Bhel or Mumbai Bhelpuri
- 1-½ cup 'murmura' or puffed rice
- 1 to mato chopped
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 -2 tbsp. green mint,coriander chutney
- 1-2 tbsp. tamarind or date chutney
- ¼ th cup Bombay mixture or any spicy mixture optional
- ¼ cup nylon sev
- 1 small green chilli finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- pinch of salt as per taste
- Add all ingredients in a bowl except salt and mix well.
- Add salt in the end just before you serve so that it remains crunchy.
- Serve in paper cups or bowls.
Click here to see more appetizer recipes.
Also,click here to see more recipe videos.