Juicy tomatoes are such a wonder. Be it Roma tomatoes or globe, grape tomatoes or, heirloom tomatoes, Campari tomatoes or plum tomatoes. Each is a powerhouse of vitamin C and has a unique flavor. Whether you call it a fruit or a vegetable, it is something you can never live without. Be it a curry paste , tomato soup or as a pizza topping. Tomatoes making everything saucy literally! Another great idea to use your ripe tomatoes is making a delicious tomato sauce, chutney or a pickle. All these ideas take time. However, if you are looking for something with low cooking time, air fryer tomatoes is just the thing for you. Simple ingredients yet so next level.
Roasting tomato slices in my ninja foodi air fryer transforms fresh tomatoes into something special! It is low in calories , vegan and gluten-free. Yes, you do not need cheese in all starters. You can use the airfryer to cook different vegetables such as air fryer brussel sprouts, air fryer potatoes, air fryer asparagus, air fryer corn, air fryer zucchini , air fryer yellow squash, air fryer red sweet potato, air fryer sweet potato ,air fryer whole cauliflower, air fryer okra, air fryer mushrooms, air fryer beans, air fryer whole mushrooms.
This is a great snack especially when you want to eat snacks and still watch your weight. Tomatoes just melt into your mouth when warm. Roasting cherry tomatoes in extra virgin olive oil and fresh garlic gives it a great flavor.
- Ground spices of your choice.
- Salt and black pepper as per taste
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions for air fryer tomatoes
Learn to make this easy recipe in simple steps.
- Wash tomatoes to remove any dirt.
2. Slice them evenly into halves.
3. Brush oil and spices on tomatoes and add some salt so that those juices flow!
4. Preheat the air fryer at 160 C | 320 F for 5 minutes. Place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket or air fryer tray.
Hint: Always remove scraps from prior usage for best results
5. Air fry them for 8-9 minutes at 160 C | 320 F.
Instructions for air fryer cherry tomatoes
- Toss the sliced cherry tomatoes with olive oil, dried herbs and salt
2. Place them in the air fryer basket,in a preheated air fryer at( 160C/320F for 5 minutes),cook the tomatoes for 8-10 minutes
3. Once they cooked ,take them out slowly from the airfryer and serve warm.
Air fryer roasted cherry tomatoes pasta sauce.
Once you have roasted the tomatoes in the airfryer, you can blend them coarsely at a slow speed for a chunky pasta sauce.
Start cooking the pasta sauce with little oil ,add paprika and salt.
Add cooked pasta to sauce, cook for 8-10 minutes on low flame.Turn off the heat.
You can use any spices of your choice to give your roasted tomatoes in air fryer, a different twist. Use oregano, thyme, Cajun, Moroccan spice or 5 spices as you like. You can enhance the flavor of the tomatoes with sprinkle of fresh herbs like coriander leaves and mint. These cut tomatoes are also a great addition to your cheese sandwiches later.
Use a local firm variety to make this recipe. You can also make them with green tomatoes or make air fryer cherry tomatoes for kids. This easy side dish can be customized according into different recipes, by the simple addition of different spices.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes if you like your meals spicy.
- Kid friendly - add grated goat cheese or crumbled feta cheese whether you like it vegetarian.
- You can also use thyme, oregano or mixed Italian seasoning or Indian spices of your choice.
You can grill onion, garlic powder, fresh basil with tomatoes for the flavorful pasta sauce later if they are left over. Add them as it is to a cold summer pasta salad.
- Air fryer
- Oil spray/Brush
Eat fresh for best results. You can always slice larger tomatoes before hand and store them in an airtight container. Air fry and consume immediately. If there are leftovers, you can air fry them for 1-2 minutes before you consume.
air fry tomatoes and eat them as soon as they are done! Let those juices flow.. ?YUM 🙂
Yes, they help fight cancer. Have anti-oxidants + vitamin C too.
Air fryer cherry tomatoes recipe
- knife and a chopping board
- 250 gms tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. oregano and thyme
- salt as per taste
For making pasta with grilled tomatoes
- 100 gms raw pasta macaroni, penne or any pasta of your choice. 100gm raw pasta for sauce made with 250gm tomatoes.
- Slice tomatoes evenly into halves.
- Sprinkle spices and salt and brush oil over it.
- Preheat the air fryer to 160C| 355 F for 5 mins.
- Air fry the tomatoes for 8-9 minutes. Serve hot.
For grilled tomatoes pasta sauce
- Once you have roasted the tomatoes in the airfryer, you can blend them coarsely at a slow speed for a chunky pasta sauce.
- Start cooking the pasta sauce with little oil ,add paprika and salt.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce, cook for 8-10 minutes on low flame.Turn off the heat.
- Always reheat before consumption if storing for longer time.
- Do not leave the food unattended.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods