Hot spicy samosas are a crowd favourite. Although, I love making my homemade samosas from scratch. I must admit having some frozen samosa in freezer helps me sail through when I am too hungry to cook. Learn to make frozen samosas in air fryer in easy steps for that perfect crunch. By using an air fryer to cook these, you can get similar taste of crispy samosa that you would have got by deep frying the samosa and with less oil. Most of the Indian restaurants out side India do not prepare these samosas with their homemade dough, they just cook these frozen samosas in the deep fryer for an easy recipe.By air frying the samosas with hot air and little oil in the air fryer, you can get delicious samosas in less time.
I think samosas and pakoras are a great appetizer. Hence everyone is crazy about them. No wonder you can find these in the frozen section of every supermarket. I have tasted various brands from haldiram frozen samosa in Costco to deep samosas. These days you can get trader joe's samosa.All of them do a good job to bring that spicy snack home.There are other frozen recipes also that you can make. Air fried hash brown , air fryer frozen samosa,air fryer waffle fries, air fryer frozen pizza , air fryer frozen spring rolls& air fryer frozen chips are two recipes you will love.
What is your favourite combination? Samosa and jalebi? or Samosa and bread with some spicy tomato ketchup. I have had samosa jalebi since I was young for breakfast for special weekend treat. Now, I just love having crispy samosas whenever possible, to keep the memory fresh.
- frozen samosa ( I buy them from Indian grocery stores , even the trader joe's samosas come out as nice crispy samosa when cooked in air fryer). Generally vegetable samosas are easily available in comparison to choose chicken samosas. Also you will find different size of samosas as well such as regular samosas or large samosas
- oil or cooking spray ( I prefer olive oil or avocado oil, you may use any cooking oil )
See recipe card for quantities.
- Remove the raw frozen samosa from the packet as soon as you are ready to eat. Do not thaw.
2. Preheat the air fryer at 170 C| 340 F for 10 minutes and place the frozen samosas in a single layer in the air fryer basket.. The number of samosas you can cook in the air fryer depends on the size of your air fryer.
3. Air fry frozen samosas at 170C| 340 F for 8 minutes.
4. Brush oil (vegan) or ghee with a pastry brush or use an oil spray and cook for another 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Hint: Always clean your air fryer basket before you preheat. This will help you avoid a burnt smell coming from all left over snacks which were made earlier.
- You can make your own samosas from scratch and freeze it in a baking tray, covering them with a cling film. This does help you save yourself from extra fat present in the commercial samosas.
- You can also bake frozen samosa in oven. It will take 2-4 minutes longer.
- You can use store bought shortcut pastry to make easy air fryer samosas instead of make samosa dough from scratch. Refer to the recipe of vegetable pasties here that is made with similar filling but in different shape.
Apart from a potato and green peas filled samosa,
you can also make a mini samosa or dry samosa filled with lentils. Another famous variation is the dry fruit samosa which has a filling of nuts and raisins.
You can use veggie samosas to make samosa chaat , just add cooked chickpeas with tamarind and coriander mint chutney.
- air fryer ( I use the ninja foodi air fryer )
Store the frozen samosas in refrigerator as per packet instructions. Air fry as soon as you want to eat. Reheat before consumption next day.
For any leftover samosas, you can store the cooked samosas in an airtight container for a few days in the refrigerator . In a preheated air fryer, air fry samosas for 3-4 minutes for a delicious snack.
For best results , always preheat your air fryer before you start cooking.
air fryer frozen samosa recipe
- frozen samosa packet
- 1 tablespoon oil / ghee if vegetarian
- Remove the frozen samosas from the packet as soon as you are ready to eat. Do not thaw. Follow packet instructions.
- Preheat the air fryer at 170C| 340 F for 10 minutes and place the frozen samosas in the basket
- Air fry the samosas at 170C| 340 F for 8 minutes.
- Brush oil (vegan) or ghee if vegetarian and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove