Anjeer roll is one of the easy sweets you can make for Diwali. It is available in many sweet shops as a burfi but that is a bit harder due to addition of sugar. Dates just make the package awesome. Dates figs nuts recipe is a great way to gain good health.
What are the benefits of Anjeer roll over other sweets/Mithai ?
- Sugar free ,vegan, gluten-free recipe
- Anjeer or dried figs is excellent for digestion and dates are rich in iron, thus great for hemoglobin.
- Raisins keep your bones strong while almonds strengthen your hair.
- Pistachios help lower blood sugar while cashews help your nervous system.
I have fallen in love with figs over time. I never liked them dried as kids. Fresh one appeals to me now. They look luscious and exotic. I have a sweet tooth and fresh fruit helps me with vitamins as well as sugar rush. You can even have them dried and still get sugar rush. Helps your digestion big time. You can have them raw, as milkshakes, sweets and rolls too. I love a good fig ice cream too. So yummy!
What can you make with dates?
Dates are great to make sweets, smoothies, puddings and even a chutney. They are naturally sweet and great for Iron. Khajoor barfi and khajur rolls have always been in our sweet shops. Making khajur pak at home ensures you fresh mithai. Adding them to nuts, makes you avoid adding sugar to sweets. This is also great for digestion and building your gut. You can make this before travel or just eat a piece for good on-the-go breakfast. It is easy to cook and good for post pregnancy relief.
Ingredients￼ of khajur & Anjeer roll
Step wise: how to make anjeer khajur roll?
- Coarsely grind the nuts and keep it aside.
2. Pulse the dates/khajur, raisins and fig/anjeer.
3. Heat oil and cook the nuts.
4. Add the soft mixture of date, fig to nuts.
5. Cook until it mixes and turn off the heat. Let it cool.
6. Roll them and cover with plastic film and cut is circles .
Read the recipe of Khajur &anjeer roll
Khajur & Anjeer roll - Date and Fig sweet
- 1 cup dried figs or anjeer
- 1 cup dates or khajoor
- ¼ cup raisins or kishmish
- 1 cup dry fruits cashews,almonds,pistachios
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup water optional
- If the anjeer/figs & khajur/dates are dry,hard then soak them in water for few hours,drain the excess water.
- Coarsely grind the nuts in a food processor,keep aside.
- Grind the dates and figs in a food processor.
- Heat oil,add nut mix and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the date&fig mix with salt,,start mixing.
- Turn off the heat and keep on mix until the nuts have mixed well.
- Let it cool for 15 mins.
- Using a food grade plastic,form a roll of the above mixture.
- Cool it in fridge for few hours.
- Cut into small thick circles slowly, of a width, as per your choice.
Soak the dates and figs in water only if they are too hard.
Click here to see more recipe videos.
Also, click here to read more dessert recipes.