Pumpkin soup with coconut milk is a great start to supper. Especially when it is a cold winter night. Butternut pumpkins are plenty during autumn and winter. Great way to have a light meal .I love the golden hue it has. You may even add sour cream if you are not vegan. You can increase the flavor by adding sour cream to the soup. If you do not have it at home, no worries. Just serve it with some herbs like rosemary, parsley or cilantro. It is a great way of having pumpkins which otherwise might not be relished by picky kids.
This creamy soup provides the goodness of gourd, carrots too. You may add sweet potato and piece of gourd/zucchini to this to increase the nutrients. You may even roast the pumpkin if you want. It can be relished by people of all age groups as it is tasty yet low on spice.
is pumpkin soup healthy?
- Rich in Vitamin A.
- Rich in antioxidants.
- Promotes weight-loss.
- Protects eye-sight.
why is pumpkin soup good for you?
It is healthy, low calorie yet a flavorsome fix instead of a takeaway. Pumpkins are vegan and gluten-free. They also last long. Hence, is great for a low budget. Soup is perfect for a late meal. Sleeping post a soup, ensures you have a great start next morning. There is no upset tummy from a late meal.
You can use any pumpkin for this soup if butternut squash variety is not available.
What side dishes go well with pumpkin soup?
Just toast some multigrain bread. All you need for a good life is a big bowl of soup, munchies and a good flick. You can also have easy pumpkin soup with garlic bread and pizzas. If Italian works for you, even a good bowl of pasta & bruschetta goes fine with it. Have it at work with some club sandwiches.
how to make pumpkin soup with coconut milk?
- In a sauce pan, heat oil/butter and sauté onions until they are pink.
- Add carrots and pumpkin pieces and let it soften.
3. Add water and stock powder.
4. Blend and add coconut milk. Heat before serving with cheese toast or garlic bread.
Read the recipe of Pumpkin Soup:
- 2 tablespoon butter /oil for vegan option
- 2 onion diced
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 3 cups pumpkin diced
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup coconut milk optional
- Salt as per taste
- In a saucepan, heat oil and sauté' onions until translucent.
- Add carrots and pumpkin pieces along with salt. Let it soften for 5 minutes.
- Add soup stock and water.
- Cover and cook until carrots are soft.
- Blend with a stick blender, add coconut milk.
Looking for more pumpkin recipes?
Click here to see more soup recipes.
Also click here to see more recipe videos.