Pumpkin soup or yellow squash soup is a great start to supper in cold winter night.It can also be relished with garlic bread and pizzas, pastas,bruschetta,garlic bread or just with some club sandwiches if you want a light dinner.
It is a great way of having pumpkins which otherwise might not be relished by picky kids.This creamy soup provides the goodness of gourd,carrots,sweet potato and is relished by people of all age groups.It has very low spice content and you can increase the flavour by adding sour cream to the soup before serving it hot with some bread.
Scroll below to read the recipe of Pumpkin Soup:
- 2 tbsp butter /oil for vegan option
- 1 onion diced
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 250 grams or 1 cup pumpkin diced
- 1 tsp cumin powder (optional)
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 cups water
- Salt as per taste
- Dollop of sour cream (cashew sour cream for vegan option)
- Pinch of pepper
- Mint leaves (optional)
- Heat butter in a pressure cooker and add diced onions.Saute' for 2-3 minutes till onions soften a bit.
- Add the carrots and pumpkins along with salt and cumin powder.
- Add the vegetable stock cube along with 2 cups of water and let it boil.
- Pressure cook until 3 whistles.
- Let it cool.
- Blend it with a hand blender to get a smooth consistency
- Serve hot in a soup bowl.
- Add a dollop of sour cream,pepper powder, and garnish with a mint leaf.
- You can also add sweet potato or some bottle gourd to this soup along with carrots.It will enhance the nutrition and still not change the flavor.
- Serve along with warm loaves of garlic bread or bruschetta.
- Bon Apetite!