Roasted vegetables is one of the best ways of having healthy dinner. Especially if it is cold outside. You can just pair it with some soup or garlic bread and relax. Roasting veggies in an oven helps you relax too. Oven does all the cooking without you standing and cooking for hours. You can use any herbs you have handy. Be it mint or fennel, thyme or rosemary. Add some feta to veggies or just make it vegan.
You also include variety of vegetables in your life. It is healthy, rich in nutrients and full of energy.
Also a change from regular dinner. You also can serve this as an exotic appetizer and entrée' for party. Your guests will rave about this for days to come. Roasted vegetables is both easy and filling. Who says veggie starters are not as good as the red meat and seafood ones!
You can add any vegetable you want. Enjoy the tasting experience. It works great with a soup as well as drinks.
Try the below recipe. You can have these with a mint chutney or mayo dip/ketchup at any time of the day.
Toss them with cooked rice/quinoa/couscous to get a healthy meal.
Step by step pictures- how to roast vegetables in an oven?
Roasted vegetables(In oven)
- 3-4 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 4-5 broccoli florets
- ½ pepper each of green and red pepper
- 1 small pineapple peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp herb rosemary/thyme/bay leaf as per taste
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a pot of water with salt.
- Cook potatoes in boiling water for 7-8 minutes,remove from water,keep it aside.
- Cook Sweet potatoes in boiling water for 2-3 minutes,remove from water,keep it aside.
- Cook broccolli in boiling water for 1-2 minutes,remove from water,keep it aside.
- Toss everything with 2 tbsp oil and place in a baking tray.
- Pre-heat over to 200C/390F (fan forced) or 220C/430F
- Cook for 15-17 minutes,toss the vegetables with 1 tbsp oil and turn on the broiler in the oven(top rack).
- Cook for further 8-10 minutes or until the potatoes have turned golden brown.
- Once cooked,season with salt and pepper,serve warm with a garlic dip or mint chutney.
Click here to see more recipe videos from our youtube channel "secondrecipe".
Also, click here to see some appetizer recipes.