Soups are a great appetizer. They are also great to have a light dinner and enjoy a mid week cooking break. Corn chowder-home style is my go to meal when I want to have something light. Recipe of corn soup is fairly simple. It needs minimal ingredients just some shelled corn. Ditch the minestrone soup. if you do not want anything elaborate. Sometimes it is quite boring to cut veggies. You can use frozen corn or a can of corn, for this recipe. Whatever is available. You can also make a sweet corn soup recipe by using shelled sweet corn. A simple corn soup or pumpkin soup saves your day when you are too tired to cook.
Easy corn soup recipe helps you with more time for other chores. Enjoy it with some easy garlic bread.
Soup safe in Corona times
Corona quarantine is making people re-think their food choices. You can also make good food with minimal ingredients. Stay indoors and stay safe. Soups help you keep hydrated. It is a light meal and also helps you develop immunity. Of course, tomato soup is always a favorite. You can also make a grilled tomato version. There are days when you need a soup you can chew on. Non-vegetarians can enjoy their hot & sour chicken soup. Why should vegetarians be left behind?
Make a pho if you have more time on hand.
Soups are great for health. Great even for a tummy cleanse and detox. Great for fiber and gut health. Helps you lose weight too. Remain fit and stay well!
Personally corn soup remains my favorite. It needs less time to cut and cook.
Step-by-step instructions for creamy corn soup recipe
- Separate corn kernels with a knife. Run it vertically top to bottom on each side.
- Grind 3/4th of the corn.
- Cook onions in oil or butter along with salt. You can make a vegan corn chowder or vegetarian corn chowder as per your preference. The only difference for a vegetarian corn chowder recipe is the spoonful of butter.
- Add corn mix and water. Let it come to a boil.
- Simmer for a few mins until you serve.
- Garnish with a dash of pepper and optionally lemon juice.
Other vegan corn recipes are Bhutte ki khees, corn on cob Mexican style.
How to make corn soup?
Homemade Corn soup
- 2 corn cobs shelled
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tbsp butter/oil if vegan
- Salt pepper and lemon juice as per taste
- Shell out all the corn.
- Blend 3/4th of the corn with 1/2 cup of water.
- In a pan,heat butter/oil and add onions to it.
- Cook until pink and add the corn to it along with salt.
- Add 1 liter of water,allow to cook until 2 whistles.(if not using a pressure cooker, cover and cook on a pot for 30-40 minutes)
- Serve with lemon juice,salt and pepper as per taste.
Click here to read more soup recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.