Soups are a great appetizer. They are also great to have a light dinner and enjoy a mid week cooking break. Gluten free corn chowder home style is my go to meal when I want to have something light. It needs simple ingredients just some shelled corn and cooks fast. Ditch the minestrone soup if you do not want anything elaborate.
Recipe of creamy chowder comes handy when you are bored to chop veggies on the cutting board. You can use frozen corn or a can of corn, for this recipe. Whatever is available. You can also make a sweet corn soup recipe by using shelled sweet corn in a large soup pot. Hearty potatoes give it a creamy texture and makes it delicious yet a dairy-free option.
Simple soups like healthy corn chowder and pumpkin soup saves your day when you are too tired to cook. This soup recipe with plant-based ingredients is fresh and light Easy corn soup recipe helps you with more time for other chores. Enjoy it with some easy garlic bread.I love it because you can also use canned kernels for this. Great recipe when you are outdoors hiking or camping. Simple recipes like Carrot tomato soup , lentil soup, white bean soup , wonton soup make it an easy meal. Other vegan option include asparagus soup , broccoli soup ,adzuki bean soup, manchow soup, spinach soup.
Soup safe in Corona times
Corona quarantine made people re-think their food choices. You can also make good food with minimal ingredients.Soups help you keep hydrated. It is a light meal and also helps you develop immunity. Of course, tomato soup is always a favorite. You can also make a barley mushroom soup There are days when you need a soup you can chew on. Non-vegetarians can enjoy their hot & sour chicken soup. Why should vegetarians be left behind?
Make a white bean soup if you love beans too.Soups are great for health. Great even for a tummy cleanse and detox. Great for fiber and gut health. Helps you lose weight too. Remain fit and stay well!
Personally corn soup remains my favorite. It needs less time to cut and cook.
- Saucepan / dutch oven / large pot
- Olive oil/ butter if vegetarian
- Garlic cloves
- Corn on cob / fresh sweet corn
- bell pepper / capsicum
- Soup stock
- Salt and black pepper as per taste
refer to recipe card for details.
how to make homemade corn soup?
- Separate corn kernels with a knife. Run it vertically top to bottom on each side to get your fresh corn.
- 2. Cook onions in oil or butter along with salt for 2-3 minutes over medium heat. You can make a vegan corn chowder or vegetarian corn chowder as per your preference. The only difference for a vegetarian corn chowder recipe is the spoonful of butter.
- 3. Add carrots and potatoes and let it cook for few minutes.
- 4. Add corn, capsicums and mix well.
- 5. Add water & cook on a medium-high heat. Garnish with a dash of pepper and optionally lemon juice.
- 6. Let it come to a boil until potatoes are cooked.
7. Let it come to a boil until potatoes are cooked. Take out half of the soup in a separate bowl with the potato, blend the soup that was taken out.
- 8. Meanwhile, heat the remaining soup in the pan add the blended soup to the mix.
- 9. Now, add the blended mixture to the corn mixture. Let it simmer. Serve hot.
Homemade Corn soup| Corn chowder recipe
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 corn cobs yields 2.5 cup corn
- 1 potato peeled
- ½ carrot
- ½ red bell pepper
- Salt & black pepper as per taste do not overpower the sweetness of the corn with salt.
- 1 tbsp. soup stock powder
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon lime juice / squeeze of lemon
- Separate corn kernels with a knife. Run it vertically top to bottom on each side.
- Cook onions in oil along with salt.
- Add carrots and potatoes and let it cook for few minutes.
- Add corn, capsicums and mix well.
- Now, Add water & garnish with a dash of pepper and optionally lemon juice.
- Let it come to a boil until potatoes are cooked. Take out half of the soup in a separate bowl with the potato, blend the soup that was taken out.
- blend the soup that was taken out.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining soup in the pan and add the blended soup to the mix.
- Let it simmer. Serve hot.garnish with lemon juice.
Substitutions and Variations
You can also use corn kernels instead of corn cob to make this gluten-free soup. Use oil instead of butter if making a vegan soup. You can also make this soup base in an instant pot, crock pot or a slow cooker. Blend it with an immersion blender. If you do not have red peppers you can use any other pepper of your choice. You can also use canned corn if you do not have fresh corn.Use sweet potato or any other potato variety if you do not have red potatoes or Yukon Gold potatoes at home.
Other variations of this delicious soup include corn and lentil soup, corn and cheese soup. You can also add coconut milk or vegetable broth to this soup if you have it handy.
Store it in an airtight container in refrigerator for 2-3 days. You can also freeze it for later use. Reheat the next day before you serve.
It is a native to USA and has recipes as old as 1880s.
Soups are thinner and lighter. Healthy creamy corn chowder recipe is thick and richer.