Seyal bhindi patata -One of the best Sindhi recipes that you can make at home. Very common now at all weddings(what others have known as the spicy Tawa sabji).It is exotic but easy curry.Oozing with the spices and finger-licking good.Definitely a taste to remember.
All guests want exotic cuisines at a party these days.
What better than having this okra curry?
Seyal bhindiyoon patata is generally served during wedding brunches.
A showstopper at any Sunday brunch.It will never let you down!
It has the goodness of both okra and potatoes.Seyal bhaji means curry cooked in onions and tomatoes.There are many ways of making this.You can stuff the okra after making an incision in the middle as done traditionally.In a hurried version you can just slit the okra and spread the spices while you make them.Both the ways make a tasty curry.Best part is okra retains its texture when you cook it separately.
Onions & tangy tomatoes with the a smear of spices can never go wrong.
Super Yum and super tasty!Finger licking good food
Step by step pictures of Seyal bhindi patata
Scroll below to read the Seyal Bhindi Patata recipe
Seyal Bhindi Patata-okra potato onion curry
- 300 gms. whole Okra/Lady Fingers/Bhindi
- 4 medium sized Onions chopped
- 4 medium sized Potatoes peeled and thickly sliced
- 3 medium sized tomatoes thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp Garlic paste
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Red chilly powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin power/jeera powder
- Salt to taste
- 5 tbsp cooking oil
- In a pan, heat 3 tbsp. oil,add onions with salt,cook for 10-12 minutes or until translucent
- Place the sliced potatoes on top in a single layer.
- Place the okra on top of sliced potatoes,add ½ of the spice mix with 1 tbsp. additional oil
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Place the sliced tomatoes on top of the okra,with remaining spices and oil.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes on low flame or until the potato slices have cooked.
- Mix it slowly,cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat,Serve warm with flatbread.
Click curry for more curry recipes.
Also,click here to see more recipe videos from our youtube channel "secondrecipe".