Seyal bhindi patata -One of the best Sindhi recipes that you can make at home. Very common now at all weddings(what others have known as the spicy Tawa sabji).It is exotic but easy curry. Oozing with the spices and finger-licking good. Definitely a taste to remember. Most kids love okra fry recipe. Be it plain okra fry or just bhindi fry with onions or besan. Every bhindi fry recipe is special.
What better than having this okra curry?
Seyal bhindiyoon patata is generally served during wedding brunches. A showstopper at any Sunday brunch. It will never let you down!
It has the goodness of both okra and potatoes. Seyal bhaji means curry cooked in onions and tomatoes. There are many ways of making this. You can stuff the okra after making an incision in the middle as done traditionally. In a hurried version you can just slit the okra and spread the spices while you make them. Both the ways make a tasty curry. Best part is okra retains its texture when you cook it separately. Onions & tangy tomatoes with the a smear of spices can never go wrong. Super Yum and super tasty! Finger licking good food
Step by step pictures of Seyal bhindi patata
- Heat oil and cook onions ginger, garlic and chillies. Cook until onions are translucent.
2. Add potato slices on a top and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add okra and spread half of the masala.
4. Spread the tomatoes followed by the remaining masala.
Scroll below to read the Seyal Bhindi Patata recipe
Seyal Bhindi Patata-okra potato onion curry
- 300 gms. whole Okra/Lady Fingers/Bhindi
- 4 medium sized Onions chopped
- 4 medium sized Potatoes peeled and thickly sliced
- 3 medium sized tomatoes thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoon Garlic paste
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 2 tablespoon Coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon Red chilly powder
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin power/jeera powder
- Salt to taste
- 5 tablespoon cooking oil
- In a pan, heat 3 tablespoon oil,add onions with salt,cook for 10-12 minutes or until translucent
- Place the sliced potatoes on top in a single layer.
- Place the okra on top of sliced potatoes,add ½ of the spice mix with 1 tablespoon additional oil
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Place the sliced tomatoes on top of the okra,with remaining spices and oil.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes on low flame or until the potato slices have cooked.
- Mix it slowly,cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat,Serve warm with flatbread.
Try these interesting recipes from Sindhi cuisine
- Tamatar ji kadhi/Sindhi kadhi with tomatoes
- Sindhi kadhi with dal / Sindhi tuvar dal kadhi
Click curry for more curry recipes.
Also,click here to see more recipe videos from our youtube channel "secondrecipe".