Achari paneer is a dish full of flavor.Achari means pickle and paneer, cottage cheese.
A perfect match for tandoori roti when you are bored and don't know what to cook.
Dishes with Paneer are such a hit.There is something which everyone likes.You can make an appetizer like paneer tikka or paneer pakoda for a party.Paneer bhurji for a quick meal.If tangy paneer is not thing, make a dessert like rassogulla or chenna pudo if you love your cake.If you love your curry,you will never go wrong while making one too.Be it any paneer dish.There is always a win-win.Whether it is matar paneer or paneer butter masala.Kadai paneer or paneer tikka masala.You will definitely find something for a meal.If Indo-Chinese sings to you,Chilli Paneer does make up for a great meal.If biryani makes your day great,treat yourself to Paneer biryani too.
You can make your own block of cottage cheese.
Great way to use extra milk at home.Click here to see how to make it.
Halloumi and feta to work as a replacement if you don't get time to make yours.
Step by step pictures of Achari Paneer
Scroll below to read the recipe of achari paneer
- 400 gm paneer/cottage cheese
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 cup/ 200 gm tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt/dahi
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour/besan
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds/saunf
- 1 tsp nigella seeds/kalonji
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds/methi dana
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric/haldi
- 2 tbsp coriander/dhania powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 -3 tbsp oil
- 2-3 achar ka tel/oil from any pickle
- 2 cup water
- Salt as per taste
- Grind the spices to a powder and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan,Add ginger,chillies and finely chopped onion with salt,cook until brown
- Now add tomatoes puree and let it soften.
- Add spices and cook for few minutes
- Pour in the yogurt mix until cook the oil oozes out.
- Add the pickle oil,water and let it come to a boil.
- Add the paneer pieces to it and cook for 10 mins.
- Serve hot with roti/jeera rice.