Mexican corn on the cob is an amazing snack. Make your air fryer corn on the cob & enjoy it to the fullest. Boiled, oven roasted corn or grilled corn are all easy recipes in the kitchen.It is very healthy as it has little or no oil, depending on how you cook it. You may steam them or boil them in a cooker or saucepan.
If you like it grilled, you can grill them on stove. You can also make airfryer corn on the cob in easy steps. Add vegan butter if you like instead of normal butter. If you are vegetarian, you may add some butter on top or grate some cheese on it. Add a dash of lemon, or put some garlic flakes or spice rub on it.
You can use the airfryer to cook different vegetables such as air fryer brussel sprouts, air fryer potatoes, asparagus, zucchini , yellow squash, air fryer red sweet potato, air fryer sweet potato ,whole cauliflower, okra, air fryer mushrooms, air fryer beans, whole mushrooms , tomatoes.
Top tip: Fresh sweet corn is very popular at the movies but you can make it easily at home by boiling in pressure cooker or steaming it.You can steam fresh or frozen corn without adding salt for young kids.I generally steam corn for 10 minutes in my ninja instant pot. Boiled corn is great for a snack. Some people use salted water for it but it is sweeter even without the salt. Cooking corn in boiling water in a large pot is also a good idea, but it takes longer to cook!
- Air fryer
- pastry brush
- corn on cob
- olive oil
How to cook corn on the cob in air fryer ?
- Preheat the air fryer at 180 deg C or 355 F for 5 mins.
- Brush olive oil or butter and season salt on corn and air fry for 12-13 mins.
- Flip in between after brushing oil on the cob. Total cook time is 12-13 minutes.
- Once done, you may optionally garnish it with chopped parsley with more butter or just with lemon juice.
If you are vegetarian, you may use butter instead of olive oil. You can also garnish it with grated cheese on top.air fryer parmesan corn on the cob is a popular snack too.
Just grill for an additional 1 minute with cheese on top of the cobs.
Instructions for frozen corn in air fryer
- Take the frozen corn from the freezer.
2. Preheat the airfryer for 5 minutes at 180C/355F. Cook for 2 minutes to defrost the corn cobb
4. Brush olive oil or butter and season salt/spices on corn .
5. Roast corn in air fryer for 12-13 minutes.
You can also make air fryer corn ribs by removing it from the stalk. Another great recipe is cajun corn on the cob air fryer where we use cajun spice mix as a seasoning on grilled corn.
- frozen corn on the cob in air fryer oven does a decent job too if fresh ones are not available.
Store it in refrigerator for 1-2 days. Air fry for couple of mins before you serve.
The kernels look plumper & more golden yellow. You can prick with knife to see if it is done.
800 kernels in ears of corn.
Corn is rich in vitamin C. It also helps avoid cancer. It is very good for eye health. It helps avoid lens damage and cataract.
Air fryer corn on the cob recipe | air fryer Mexican street corn recipe
- pastry brush
- 3 Corn on cob
- 1 tbsp. olive oil or butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt optional
- ½ tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter optional for garnish
- ¼ cup cheese cheddar or pizza cheese for garnish, optional
- Preheat the air fryer at 180 deg C(355 F) for 5 mins.
- Mix oil/butter with salt and seasoning/herbs.
- Brush oil/butter mix on corn and air fry corn cobs for 12-13 mins in an air fryer basket.
- Flip in between after brushing oil on cob.
- Once done, You may optionally garnish it with chopped parsley with butter or just with lemon if vegan.
- You may also garnish it with cheese and cook for a further 1 minute in the air fryer.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C).
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.
- Never leave cooking food unattended.
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds.
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove.