Potato leek soup is an easy starter.Creamy soup without cream is simply a delight.Pair it with some garlic bread.You are good to go for dinner.This is an easy vegan soup which has minimal ingredients.This soup has its origins in French Cooking.Loius Diat, at Ritz Carlton New York is most often credited for its re-invention.Minimal ingredients yet this soup slowly grows on you.Pair it with some homemade bread and you are sorted.Great for days when you do not want to cook elaborate dinners.Perfect when it rains outside.Sometimes its better to swap pakora/fritters for a healthy French potato soup.Both potatoes and leeks last long.They are pretty versatile as fillings.Be it a toastie,fritters,casserole or gratin.
If you do not have leeks at home, you can also use white onions in the soup.
Benefits of leeks & potatoes
- Leeks are great for Vitamin A, C and K.
- It is also a great source of fiber.
- They promote weight loss and has only 31 calories for 100 gms of cooked leeks.
- Potatoes are great for Vitamin B6 and have not fat,sodium and cholestrol.
- They have more potassium than a banana
- Potatoes can make up for half of your Vitamin C
- Garlic reduces BP and lowers cholestrol.
- Garlic combats sickness and has many medicinal properties.
Ingredients for an easy potato and leek soup
How do you make potato leek soup from scratch? Scroll below
- Chop all the ingredients
2.Saute garlic in oil/butter
3.Cook leeks with salt
4. Add water & soup stock,cover & boil.Blend and sieve through.
Scroll below to read the potato and leek recipe
Click here to see more recipe videos.