Kali mirch ki koki-Black pepper flatbread is a Sindhi delicacy.We usually eat this for breakfast.It is one of the easiest recipes and yet very tasty one .It resembles crackle or biscotti.You can make it earlier and also eat it during travel the next day. Just smear it with some good old white butter and it is as good a treat as one can get.
Eat it with pickle,yogurt or some potato curry.You can also pair it with scrambled egg or any simple curry or large cup of tea.
This recipe is an easy one.You can also make it vegan by adding oil instead of ghee.
When to do we eat it traditionally?
We usually eat this during post-partum.Body needs to up its immunity and recover from delivery.Pepper helps you increase immunity.My MIL was kind enough to make it for me when I recovered.Fallen in love with her recipe ever since.
This is also a perfect recipe to make during quarantine.You need minimal ingredients and can have it alone with just some sauce or tea.COVID has put all of us in our cage.
We can do nothing but wait for things to subside.Thus making such vegetable less recipes can actually pull you through the days.
You can knead this in a stand mixer too or just make a dough with your hand.
Easy flatbread recipe great even with soup.
Read the recipe of Kali mirch koki
Kali mirch ki koki-Black pepper flatbread
- 2 cup wheat flour
- 1 tbsp ghee or clarified butter
- 1 tsp black pepper crushed
- Salt as per taste
- Water for kneading dough
- In a bowl add all ingredients and knead a stiff dough.
- Take a small amount of dough and roll it in a thick flatbread.
- Make incisions with a knife.
- Heat a pan and cook the flatbread on the lowest flame on both sides.
- Remove from flame and roll again.
- Cook again until the flatbread becomes crisp.
- Serve with pickle,yogurt or tall glass of tea.
Try these traditional Indian bread recipes for a hearty breakfast.
Click here to see our top saatam aatham/thadri dishes.
Also, click here to also see more recipe videos.