Let me introduce you to the delightful world of Air Fryer Veg Lollipops, an amazing vegetarian appetizer and an absolutely delicious evening snack that is guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser at any gathering you host. Offering a perfect combination of flavors and textures, this crispy veg lollipop recipe serves as a healthy finger food alternative to traditional deep-fried snacks. By harnessing the incredible power of air frying, you have the amazing ability to attain a flawlessly golden brown exterior, all without the requirement of excessive amounts of oil, thereby transforming it into a delectable guilt-free indulgence. This vegetarian version of the popular chicken lollipop has a fan following of its own. This yummy snack recipe is perfect even for bento boxes.
Some of the other snack recipes that can be prepared in the airfryer include air fryer papad, air fried modak recipe , air fryer khari biscuits , air fryer kothimbir vadi,air fryer pakoras, roasted mung beans,air fryer pani puri,air fryer peanuts ,air fryer pizza toastie, air fryer sev - Air fryer namkeen , air fryer mix pakora & ragi biscuits recipe. Apart from these, spring rolls, curry puffs, samosa pinwheels and veg cutlet recipe are other finger food you can make as party snacks.
- Air fryer
- pastry brush
- large bowl
- ice-cream stick
- parchment paper
In order to make these delicious veggie lollipops, you will need to gather a wide range of fresh and flavorful ingredients. Each individual component, ranging from the mashed potatoes to the finely chopped vegetables, as well as the bread crumbs, all come together harmoniously to play a pivotal role in creating the ultimate veggie ball. It is important to remember to include essential spices such as red chilli powder, chaat masala, and black pepper powder in order to enhance the flavor of the lollipop mixture. In order to achieve a crunchy coating, you will require a combination of breadcrumbs, corn starch, and rusk powder. In addition, it is worth noting that the distinct on-a-stick appearance of lollipops is achieved by using ice cream sticks.
- potatoes (pre boiled and peeled)
- carrots ,grated
- green peas (fresh/frozen)
- sweet corns (fresh/frozen corn kernels)
- amchur (dry mango powder)
- cumin powder
- Garam masala
- salt as per taste
- oil for spray/brush
- panko breadcrumbs / finely chopped slices of bread
- oil for mixing with breadcrumbs
refer to recipe card for details.
Instructions for veg lollipop
By following these simple and straightforward instructions, you can effortlessly prepare crispy vegetable lollipops. I am sure you will impress everyone with their deliciousness. Make sure to be vigilant and watch for the golden brown color. This is a clear indication that the lollipops are prepared and can be served.
- Take all vegetables (preboiled potatoes , rest veggies are raw) with spices in a mixing bowl.
2. Mash the mixture ,add breadcrumbs
3. Mix the breadcrumbs with the vegetable mix.
4. Divide the mixture in 6 equal portions,insert an ice cream stick
5. Add oil to the breadcrumbs,coat the vegetable lollilpop on both sides
6. Keep these coated lollipops on a baking sheet. You can store them in the fridge or freezer if you want to cook them later. Preheat the air fryer for 5 mins at 190 C| 375 F. Place the veg lollipop in the air fryer basket without overlap.
7. Air fry cutlets at 190 C| 375 F for 10 minutes.Brush/spray oil again, flip over and cook for further 7-9 minutes or until golden brown.Cook until they are golden brown and evenly cooked on both sides.
Serve this delicious snack with tomato sauce or green chutney as per your taste.
You can take the veggie lollipop recipe and add your own creative twists to experiment with it. Spice things up by adding chilli flakes or chopped green chillies for a fiery heat, or infuse a tangy kick by incorporating schezwan sauce.
If you happen to be someone who enjoys an extra crunch, you might want to take into consideration the option of coating the lollipops in sesame seeds prior to air frying them. With endless possibilities, this starter snack can be tailored to perfectly suit your taste preferences.
You can add chopped frozen beans and corn too the filling.Once you know how to prepare cutlet with potato, you can mix veggies of your choice like chopped french beans, steamed beetroot and bell peppers.
Vegetarians can also add Indian cottage cheese or paneer to make an aloo paneer tikki. This will make it richer in protein and also give it a great rich taste.
If you find yourself lacking a few ingredients, there is no need to worry. This recipe is so versatile that you can easily make substitutions to accommodate different dietary preferences or adjust to ingredient availability. Feel free to swap out any vegetables of your choice, experiment with different flours, or adjust the spice levels to suit your taste preferences. The most important thing is to ensure that there is a harmonious balance of flavors and textures.
You can coat it in soaked rice flakes or poha to make a gluten-free version. Alternatively, you can use gluten-free bread crumbs. You can also make it as crispy deep-fried snack by frying it as in traditional fashion.
Make the patties and store it in a freezer covering with a cling film or baking sheet.
You can easily store the vegetable lollipop in an air tight container for few weeks in the freezer. Cook them for an extra 2-3 minutes if you use them as frozen.
Air fryer veg lollipop recipe | vegetable lollipop recipe
- oil spray
- baking sheet / parchment paper
- ice-cream stick
Vegetable patties filing
- 2-3 medium potatoes ½ kg potatoes,pre boiled and peeled
- 1 medium carrot grated, 1 medium carot yields 1 cup carrot
- ½ cup corn frozen/fresh
- ½ cup peas frozen/fresh
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder amchur
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- salt as per taste
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. oil or more for spray/brush
- 1 tablespoon oil any vegetable oil
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- Take all vegetables with spices in a bowl
- Mash the mixture ,add breadcrumbs and mix again
- divide the mixture in 6 equal portions,insert an ice cream stick
- Add oil to the breadcrumbs,coat the vegetable lollilpop on both sides
- Keep these coated lollipops on a baking sheet,these can be stored in the fridge or freezer if you want to cook them later.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 mins at 190 C| 375 F. Place the veg lollipop in the air fryer basket without overlap.
- Air fry cutlets at 190 C| 375 F for 10 minutes.
- Brush/spray oil again, flip over and cook for further 7-9 minutes or until golden brown.Cook until they are golden brown and evenly cooked on both sides.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C).
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.
- Never leave cooking food unattended.
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds.
- Always have good ventilation while cooking.
Conclusion: To sum up, Air Fryer Veg Lollipops provide an excellent option for indulging in a delectable, crunchy treat without the negative consequences of traditional deep frying methods. Whether you serve them at parties or as a delightful evening treat, all age groups will definitelye enjoy veggie lollipops . Take your dining experience to the next level by indulging in this vegetarian twist on the widely loved chicken lollipop, and relish the delightful combination of various vegetables with every mouthful.